Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Travelling with 17 month old in Business Class Advice

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travelling with 17 month old in Business Class Advice

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rjque
Those lap belts are not allowed in the US. Are you certain that PR will offer them on a flight to or from the US?
We were using lap belt on Cathay's flight roundtrip Newark to Hongkong last summer.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 9:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
My suggestion is that your son use a car (safety) seat on the plane. NYC to Manila is an unpleasantly long trip, especially on PAL which the last time I flew with them had less than stellar service.

If your son is buckled into his car seat, then your wife can sleep without worrying that he will get out of his seat and wander around the plane and she won't have to worry about him going flying in case of turbulence if he's buckled it. There's no version of a mini-crib for planes that I've ever heard of.

As for a "prescribed natural method": are you talking about drugging the child? My experience is that timing flights for when the child normally sleeps is the best method. When my kid was that age, we also would always look for a play area in the airport and try to tire him out before the flight.

Some people recommend giving a kid Benadryl to make them sleep. I do not agree with this advice. For one thing, it can backfire: Benadryl makes a fair percentage of kids hyper instead of sleepy. And what if the child has an strong adverse reaction to the drug? Do you really want to be dealing with that at 35,000 feet?
Agree with most of the above. The data overwhelmingly shows that the safest place for an infant on a plane is in a car seat. If lap: by forces of physics, it is impossible to hold on to them if the plane hits an air pocket > child goes flying. If you fall asleep, > child goes flying

As per Benadryl. You MUST try it at home before you go. If it does not make your child hyper, then it is a very safe, doctor recommended way to go

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.