Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drive or Fly?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
^ Good call. Personally I wouldn't think twice about this, flying hands down. I hate keeping newborns in car seats for anything longer than a bare essential length of time.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Best of luck and prayers that the adoption is smooth.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 3:27 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by PresRDC
Thanks all.

I think we're going to fly. I see it as the lesser of two evils. The plan is to buy F seats for the flight home on the hope that more spacing between the seats will minimize the close contact with other people. Ideally, we will pick a mid day flight so as to increase the chance (however slim) of a less than full flight.
Flying is the best option if the child is healthy enough to fly. And if the child isn't healthy enough to fly, then being in a car and hotel and wherever else over two or three nights isn't going to be any better.

Young babies should indeed not be in car seats for too long at a stretch.

I'd suggest doing the flight trip during relatively off-peak hours during off-peak travel days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.