Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling with my son

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Traveling with my son

My son (6) and I are traveling from Mexico to Europe! My husband is not going with us, he mailed me the consent letter (he is in US) yesterday, I made a copy of it but while I was organizing my stuff my puppy got on the paper and made a small hole right under his signature! All the info is visible and the paper is in good condition except the little hole, so you think the copy will work as a backup for the little hole?
Will they accept it? I do have the copy and the other consent original letter that authorizes me to take my son back from Europe to Mexico.
Help?!
I do not have time to wait for another letter!
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
You should be fine.

Have a nice trip!
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
You should be fine.

Have a nice trip!
Ahh thanks!
I have been torturing myself since last night! It has happened that they did not let me board a plane before so I am dreading it and am nervous!
They probably wont even believe the puppy story lol
Old Jun 18, 2015, 7:56 am
Suspended

LOL

In the US, it is a well known joke that a school child's excuse for not turning in work to his teacher is "my dog ate my homework!"
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

I dont know the hole os about 2 cm and it cut off two words right under the signature; i am prayin and hoping they wont give mw trouble since i have the copy as well!
Do copies count too?!
Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:34 pm
Suspended

I really think you will be fine, especially with the copy. Take both the original and copy along. Can your husband send you another signed original when you get to Europe?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Ladyeros
My son (6) and I are traveling from Mexico to Europe! My husband is not going with us, he mailed me the consent letter (he is in US) yesterday, I made a copy of it but while I was organizing my stuff my puppy got on the paper and made a small hole right under his signature! All the info is visible and the paper is in good condition except the little hole, so you think the copy will work as a backup for the little hole?
Will they accept it? I do have the copy and the other consent original letter that authorizes me to take my son back from Europe to Mexico.
Help?!
I do not have time to wait for another letter!
Not speaking to Mexican passport control; however, with regard to EU/Schengen passport control, it would be a very unusual situation if they asked you for such a letter and you presented one.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Ok i did not get to leave yet!!
I had a bunch of problems but not with the consent!

Just got it out again because I am rebooking my flight!
Is says: "My commission expires May 9, 2015"
Are you kidding me?! That date has already past!
What do you guys think? The consent was given in June!
Oh lord, my worries are never ending!
Who is willing to help me! Someone that has some experoencr with this? I can send you a picture of it?!
I really cant have any more trouble; I need to travel already!
Thanks for your time
Old Jul 10, 2015, 3:43 am

Programs: United Plus
You don't need a letter to enter Europe. I've done it many times with my three kids for years (into Germany, U.K., France) and no one has mentioned one.

Do you need one for Mexico? Does it have to be in Spanish? Does it have to be notarized? Check their website. Canada has stock letters that you can download and print.

Don't just write up any old letter for Mexico. Make sure it follows their criteria.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.