Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Know of any airlines allowing rear-facing infant seats btw Australia-Europe?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Know of any airlines allowing rear-facing infant seats btw Australia-Europe?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:25 am

Programs: United Plus
Originally Posted by expatboy
The BA site doesn't explicitly state that; merely that your car seat must face the same way as the seat in which it is installed...although it does say that the AmSafe system is basically only suitable for Economy (WT).
http://www.britishairways.com/en-au/...g-ready-to-fly
No, it won't go into all the details on the website since that pertains just a few of BA's seats. That would be found in the Flight Attendants' manuals. I can't say for sure if they have the same rule (different safety standards in general) but if the OP is interested, and this applies, they can email the airline to be sure.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 1:52 am

LH allows rear facing seats as long as you pick one from the list posted above. I do that with our now 8 month old son all the time (in a Maxi Cosy Citi SPS). Tigerair TR (though stating otherwise on their website) does allow it too (proofed just yesterday). Together that gets you from PER to anywhere LH goes. For SYD to PER I can't help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.