Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Airline restrictions on kids:adult ratio?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline restrictions on kids:adult ratio?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD, Starwood/Marriott/RC, Hertz, Avis, AmXP, DC, etc.
Question Airline restrictions on kids:adult ratio?

My family will be traveling Europe to US in December, and there's the chance my husband will have a business conflict and have to take a different flight in one direction. Our three kids will be 6, 5 and 5. We'll be in business class. I know with children under 2, some airlines restrict how many under 2s there can be per adult, but are there any such restrictions for children over 2? Not sure yet what airline we'll be on (some *A carrier), but thought I'd check this first before booking.

Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2014, 12:42 am

Programs: United Plus
The restriction on under 2's is usually because only one lap baby per adult is allowed. If the other baby has a seat, usually, this will erase the issue. But your children are all too old to be lap babies!

I fly all the time with mine. I've flown with 4, 2 and a lap baby and that was fine (I couldn't book on a U.S. company which guarantees that I can use my seat so it was one of the few times I flew with a lap baby).

As an airline employee, we weren't allowed to fly with children under age 8 in business but if you're a paying customer, that's not your headache.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.