Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

family passport wallet recommendation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: United GS, SPG Plat

I'm looking for a nice method to store 5 passports and boarding passes. A ziploc has worked well and will continue to do so if I can't find something more stylish any thoughts?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:53 am

Programs: Lufthansa/Aeroplan/Air Berlin
Can i bump this? I have been wondering the same thing. Did you find anything yet, OP?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 6:07 am

Programs: US Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premium
I did a quick google search and only came up with some family passport holders in Etsy that were made from cloth. They are cute but they won't stand the test of time for frequent fliers.

I hope someone has a good recommendation since this is a really practical item that I need to get now that we are 3, soon to be 4.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I use a ziploc precisely because it is water proof. My old passport got soaked and damaged when I was hiking in Cambodia and it got a lot of hassle from border agents until I got my new passport. Now my daughter's and mine are always in ziploc. Not real stylish but practical
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
I've been using this Pacsafe Walletsafe for international travel for a few years now. I usually carry 3 passports in it, but I think you could probably fit 5 in it fairly comfortably. It fits boarding passes perfectly and I clipped the attached chain to an internal zipper on my carry-on for security (it also ensures that I don't accidentally leave it lying on a chair or counter on accident).
Old Jul 11, 2013, 8:37 pm

I use a wristlet that came with a purse--the purse is long defunct, but the wristlet is one compartment with a long strap which attaches to a hook inside my backpack.

Something like this, if it's big enough:
http://www.amazon.com/Zip-Wristlet-S...words=wristlet
Old Jul 19, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I too have a PacSafe. Pouchsafe 250, I believe. I can carry 6 passports in it, with space to spare for other things that got stuffed in there in a hurry and never got removed.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:57 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
A ziploc bag inside of one the Delta business class Tumi amenity kits.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: United Plus
I like that PacSafe! Wish it came in other colors though...
Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:21 am

Boring, yes, but practical. I couldn't find any others that held all the passports in one place. And I doubt I'll trust my kids to carry their own until the replacement cost comes out of their own pockets
Old Jul 26, 2013, 3:07 pm

I just bought a pacsafe that goes across the chest - fits everything i need in it, for all of us. I can't wait to try it out!
Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:26 pm

Nice! Is that one RFID protected? I've only just realised that all but one of the 6 I carry have the logo. What model is that, do you know?

Last edited by Arsey00; Jul 26, 2013 at 5:28 pm Reason: Because my iPad thinks 'Mosel' is more likely to be the word I wanted...
Old Jul 28, 2013, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Arsey00
Nice! Is that one RFID protected? I've only just realised that all but one of the 6 I carry have the logo. What model is that, do you know?

Yup, its RFID protected. Its got a few good features. Its this one:

http://pacsafe.com/www/index.php?_ro...=detail&id=226
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:20 pm

Programs: Platinum
My wife and I carry one of these each http://www.tombihn.com/accessories/TB0932.html

I have a Pacsafe pouch, but I once forgot to take it out of the front seat pocket and left it on the plane. All my documents stay on me now, in one of my pockets.

We split the responsibility for our boys between the two of us, youngest with my wife, oldest with me. We carry their documents ( passport, boarding passes, global entry card, etc) for them. The key is to make sure you and your spouse are on the same page so you don't leave anyone behind
Old Nov 8, 2015, 11:36 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by DinaP
Why don't you try an amazing idea of getting family passport holders like Mr and Mrs Passport holders and kid's passport holder?? It would be very stylish and really amazing!
Check such passport holders here: http://www.gogappa.com/passport-holder-sets and http://www.gogappa.com/passport-covers
I got a lovely passport case from Aspinal of London several years ago, but the trouble I have with them is that almost all Immigration agents want the passports out of any cover. Which is the last thing I feel like doing when I'm queuing and trying to juggle all sorts of things. So I've kind of given up with fancy covers.

Generally I find my man-bag or my wife's handbag works fine...again I enough cr@p to carry so adding another bag JUST for the passports and BPs feels unecessary to me. YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.