Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Taking young kids between terminals in LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2010, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

I need to transit with my young kids (7 years to six months) between Tom Bradley International and Terminal 7 in LAX. On my outbound leg it will be around 8 AM; on the return probably around 9 PM. Is there an easier way to do this than taking the shuttle? That's been a real pain in the past. I would seriously rather pay for a taxi if it meant less walking and less of a wait

Any suggestions?
Old Jun 11, 2010, 10:37 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Sadly, I seriously doubt a taxi would be willing to take a fare within LAX; they spend too much time waiting in the queue to make such a short fare worthwhile. Your best options are the inter-terminal bus (which I find to be perfectly fine) or make the walk (about 10-15 minutes, which really isn't a great one when you have small children).
Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: DL PM
The walk isn't that bad, and probably easier than getting all of the kids on and off a bus.

You just have to be REALLY careful as even if you're in a crosswalk the drivers are not paying attention. My daughter and I nearly got hit in March!
Old Jun 13, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: US Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
Originally Posted by Joe Slater
I need to transit with my young kids (7 years to six months) between Tom Bradley International and Terminal 7 in LAX. On my outbound leg it will be around 8 AM; on the return probably around 9 PM. Is there an easier way to do this than taking the shuttle? That's been a real pain in the past. I would seriously rather pay for a taxi if it meant less walking and less of a wait

Any suggestions?
How many adults and/or parents in your party? If you there are two or more, it shouldn't be a problem.

As FlyinHawaiian stated, a taxi isn't going to take between the terminals giving their wait time in the queue. If you could find one, the cabbie is going to charge you a minimum fare (i.e. $ 50).

We have walked from the Tom Bradley International terminal and Terminal 1 with our then 17-mo old son. We put our son in his umbrella stroller and my wife pushed the stroller and I put our luggage (3 - 30' luggages, a car seat, two smaller bags, etc.) on one of those rental cart.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ArizonaRoadWarrior
How many adults and/or parents in your party? If you there are two or more, it shouldn't be a problem.
Two adults, four kids, counting one in a stroller. It's a fair distance for little legs to walk, but I'm scared of waiting for a shuttle with a toddler on that narrow reservation in the road. I guess we'll have to see how we feel on the night.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.