Reload this Page >

Bangkok Tailors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 31, 2014, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DirtyDan
Moderator Note: this wiki contains a summary of the most frequent recommendations made in this thread, by active FlyerTalkers, based on personal experiences. Listed businesses are in no way endorsed or recommended by FlyerTalk. Advertising is prohibited, and FlyerTalk's commercial post rule is strictly enforced. All spam-like posts will be immediately removed.

At-a-Glance Guide to FlyerTalkers' Favorite Bangkok Tailor Shops

Introduction

Appointments are strongly recommended for all tailor shops. Reputable shops are busy, and may find it difficult if not impossible to accommodate walk-ins, especially if they are first-time customers.

Detailed information about prices, quality, turnaround, etc., can be found within the thread or on the tailors' websites. Please feel free to post questions in the thread if you'd like specific feedback from other FlyerTalkers.

Shops Most Frequently Discussed in the Thread

Key: women's tailoring services available
Key: authentic luxury-brand fabrics, specialized workmanship, and/or more expensive overall, turnaround may be longer
Key: offers Thai or Asian styles as well as traditional western styles

Raja's Fashions
Tel +66 2 253 8379 or +66 2 253 8389 (Raja and Bobby, proprietors - father and son)
Area: Sukhumvit/Nana

Tailor on Ten
Tel +66 84 877 1543 (Alex or Ben, proprietors)
Area: Sukhumvit/Asoke

Tramp (no website) ♀ ♢♢
Tel +66 2 630-6649 or +66 89 816-6143 (Mr Kyi, proprietor - pronounced Kee)
Area: River/Bangrak

Rajawongse Clothier
Tel +66 xxx (Jesse or Victor, proprietors - father and son)

Universal Tailors ♀ ♢
Tel +66 816112313 (Mr RONNIE, proprietor)
Area: Silom Soi 18

Pinky Tailor ♀ ♢
Tel +66 xxx (Mr Pinky, proprietor)
Area: Ploenchit/Wireless

July Tailor ♢♢ ☺
Tel +66 xxx (Khun Sompop, proprietor)
Area: Silom/Saladaeng

Hermann Suits
Tel +66 xxx (xxx, proprietor)
Area: Sukhumvit/Asoke

Narin Couture ♀ ♢
Tel +66 xxx (Khun Narin, proprietor)

Cotton House (no website) ♀♀ ♢ ☺
Tel +66 xxx (xxx, proprietor) - specifically for women's clothing
Area: River/Bangkrak

New International Boutique House (aka Nick's) ♀
Tel +66 xxx (xxx, proprietor)

Tanika Tailor ♀ ♢ ☺
Tel +66 (0) 2 229 4416
Area: Sukhumvit & Silom

Other Shops Mentioned in this Thread

• Milan or Inter-Milan
  • Mr Song or A. Song Tailor
  • Tanika
  • Art's
  • Crown
  • Lucky Man Fashions
  • Max's
  • Moon River
  • Nickerman's
  • Alex Fashions
  • Euro Boutique
  • James Fashions
  • Majestic Tailors
  • Versace's
  • World Group
  • Embassy Tailor

Last edit (DD): Removed ♀ from ToT - confirmed with shop.

FlyerTalkers with at least 90 days of membership and a minimum of 90 posts are encouraged to update or add missing info to this wiki.
Print Wikipost

Bangkok Tailors

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:43 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
This has been my experience as well. I wouldn't expect any discounts when ordering shirts/suits (especially if it's your first time ordering items), but IME ToT does occasionally provide comp. material upgrades / extras to repeat customers.
Yes, I've had upgrades comped a few times, a few comp ties, and a couple of comped shirts. I don't recall anything comped in my first visit, but that was a fairly small order (3x shirts, none top-end) as a first-time customer.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
Thanks for the info.

Is it wise to bring cash to Thailand or withdraw there? I think ill need at least $3-4k for our trip

I will pay ToT in cash.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by explorer84
Thanks for the info.

Is it wise to bring cash to Thailand or withdraw there? I think ill need at least $3-4k for our trip

I will pay ToT in cash.
I believe ToT accept all major currencies, I have never paid them in THB.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the info.

I will pay ToT in cash.
ATMs are your friend and they are everywhere in Thailand.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
ATMs are your friend and they are everywhere in Thailand.
Remember though that the ATM in Thailand charge a 150 THB charge per withdrawal for foreign cards and typically have a limit of around 10000 THB per withdrawal. The 150THB charge is in addition to any charges set by your home bank- even if you have a zero fee foreign card you will pay the 150 THB charge per withdrawal.

So if the OP needs 4000 USD in cash- they will need to withdraw >120 000 THB- which is 13 withdrawals- and thus will pay 1950 THB minimum in fees which is 65 USD in addition to any foreign fees they may be asked to pay. I find the best deal is to just bring some cash from USA or Europe and then exchange it at a bank directly in one shot. Also larger hotel charges etc should all be paid with credit card or bank wire transfer to avoid getting hit with additional charges.

Usually cash wise in Thailand I don't need more than 2000 THB per day- everything else can be paid with credit card or wire transfer.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Remember though that the ATM in Thailand charge a 150 THB charge per withdrawal for foreign cards and typically have a limit of around 10000 THB per withdrawal. The 150THB charge is in addition to any charges set by your home bank- even if you have a zero fee foreign card you will pay the 150 THB charge per withdrawal.

So if the OP needs 4000 USD in cash- they will need to withdraw >120 000 THB- which is 13 withdrawals- and thus will pay 1950 THB minimum in fees which is 65 USD in addition to any foreign fees they may be asked to pay. I find the best deal is to just bring some cash from USA or Europe and then exchange it at a bank directly in one shot. Also larger hotel charges etc should all be paid with credit card or bank wire transfer to avoid getting hit with additional charges.

Usually cash wise in Thailand I don't need more than 2000 THB per day- everything else can be paid with credit card or wire transfer.
Thanks TRAVELSIG.

I'll plan on bringing cash. Ill update the thread with my experience

I read that BKK booths actually have a good exchange rate, can anyone confirm? Or is there a better place to exchange USD for Baht (and get them to break it down in denominations).
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks TRAVELSIG.

I'll plan on bringing cash. Ill update the thread with my experience

I read that BKK booths actually have a good exchange rate, can anyone confirm? Or is there a better place to exchange USD for Baht (and get them to break it down in denominations).
In BKK I tend to go to one of the banks- they can certainly break it down for you and provide you with a good exchange rate. If only some money- not too much- the booths of the exchange companies in MBK typically have good rates as well.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 2:31 am

I have used GMC tailors a few times now, including 2 suits. I am happy with the quality of their tailoring.

See my blog post.

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogsp...-thailand.html
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:50 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Several posts not specifically about tailors have been moved into the following new thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thail...thai-silk.html

Thanks!

~Moderator
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:03 am

Linen Jackets?

Can anyone recommend for me a tailor for a reasonably priced linen jacket? Not all BKK tailors seem to offer linen suits or jackets so I'd be grateful for a few suggestions.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jimmac
Can anyone recommend for me a tailor for a reasonably priced linen jacket? Not all BKK tailors seem to offer linen suits or jackets so I'd be grateful for a few suggestions.
I don't know actually- what I do know though is be very careful with how the jacket is glued or stitched- a glued linen jacket will not have any more breathability than any other fabric (including synthetic!)- so the purpose of choosing Linen will be undermined.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
I can't be sure about linen, but I've been struck by the very wide assortment of high-end fabric stocked by Pinky, who's mentioned elsewhere in this thread. Actually better than Rajawongsee, my son's go-to guys for suits. Worth investigating.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:23 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Tailor on Ten has a decent linen selection, albeit better geared to shirts, pants, and blazers than suits IMHO. They're priced around $450 US for 2-piece suits.

I haven't bought one of their linen suits, though, so I can't speak to the specifics.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:34 pm

Thanks for the good advice.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:24 am

The work bespoke is meant for full canvassed, this is standard in the industry.

Last edited by shaentarter77; Feb 18, 2016 at 7:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.