Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK to Chiang Rai

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

BKK to Chiang Rai

Hello! I am planning a trip to Thailand this January - first time there. I need to book a flight from BKK to Chiang Rai and was wondering which airlines are the "best" or "safest" ? Thank you so much!
Old May 23, 2017, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by np27
Hello! I am planning a trip to Thailand this January - first time there. I need to book a flight from BKK to Chiang Rai and was wondering which airlines are the "best" or "safest" ? Thank you so much!
Thai Smile, Nok, Air Asia, Thai Lion. They're all fine. Make sure you check baggage allowances carefully. The price you pay for overweight at the airport is usually much, much more than if you buy the correct amount of baggage allowance online when you guy your ticket.

Check Thai Airways, too. The also sell Thai Smile (WE) flights as Thai Airways (TG) codeshares; however the prices are rarely the same. Sometimes Thai Smile is cheaper, other times Thai Airways is cheaper.
Old May 24, 2017, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Thai Smile, Nok, Air Asia, Thai Lion. They're all fine. Make sure you check baggage allowances carefully. The price you pay for overweight at the airport is usually much, much more than if you buy the correct amount of baggage allowance online when you guy your ticket.

Check Thai Airways, too. The also sell Thai Smile (WE) flights as Thai Airways (TG) codeshares; however the prices are rarely the same. Sometimes Thai Smile is cheaper, other times Thai Airways is cheaper.
No love for PG?
Old May 25, 2017, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by dsquared37
No love for PG?
DS37 is right. Bangkok Airways is an excellent airline. Since they stopped flying to UTH, however, they're sort of off my radar. Definitely worth checking out, though.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
No love for PG?
PG is always my first choice.
Old May 26, 2017, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Barolo72
PG is always my first choice.
Indeed. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.