Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite Bangkok places/sights/parks?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2017, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: most of them
been to Lumpini a few times. So, looking for some new places to see.

And yes I've been to Ayutthaya a couple of times. And Lopburi.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 2:13 am

Programs: *A Gold, QF (ex-QP), AA, TG, A3 Gold, VA, SQ
Don't expect Benjasiri Park to be much more interesting than Lumpini, probably less in fact. It's much smaller, more modern and manicured, and might be OK in the evening, but in the heat of the day it's mostly just a very hot place for a walk. The swimming pool looks nice but like some of Bangkok's other public pools seems to require a doctor's clearance and several passport photos prior to admission; which has the (desired ?) effect of keeping patronage very low.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Phallic Shrine. corrections museum
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by civicmon
Ever been out here? It's sort of not offically a park but it's known as the lung of Bangkok.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/05/0...oks-green-lung
I can also highly recommend this. Feels like you are miles away from Bangkok.

Went there the other week, I walked from Queen Sirikit MRT stop to Klong Toey pier, got the boat across then walked from Bangkrachao pier all the way to Bang Nam Phueng market. Needless to say I got a motorbike taxi back to Bangkrachao pier! Walked to Klong Toey MRT and later realised the number 74 bus goes all the way from near my hotel in Din Daeng to Klong Toey and back
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: AA exp, Marriott Amb
Eathai at the central embassy mall is where I go for lunch most days when I'm in Bangkok, great street food indoors in a clean space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.