Community
Wiki Posts
Search

13 Hours in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2016, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

13 Hours in Bangkok

I have an upcoming itinerary (in 2 weeks) which has me laid over in Bangkok for 13 hours. I have never been there before, so I thought it would potentially be enough time to hit some sites. I don't arrive until 8:30 PM and then leave a 9:30 AM the next morning. Any recommendations for places to see/do/don't do?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Unless you're into nightlife (of various forms) you're not going to see many 'sights' between getting into town at 10pm and leaving for the airport at 7am. Maybe book a stopover?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 8:50 pm

Programs: most of them
you could probably see the Erawan Shrine.

And maybe a rooftop bar with a view over the city.

Depending where you're coming from you might better off just getting some rest and staying near the airport
Old Apr 17, 2016, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If you are into nightlife, this is an excellent opportunity. No need to book a hotel room. Hit the bars / clubs downtown and take a taxi back to BKK in the morning + get a rest/sleep on your flight ex BKK.

If you are not into this, get a nice hotel room downtown Bangkok (e.g. on Sukhumvit Rd) and go out for dinner/drinks. Take a taxi to the airport at 7:30AM.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 8:34 am

Depending on formalities, etc. you won't get into town until 10 pm. Not much sightseeing unless you the 'night-life'. If you do partake, best to store your passport, etc. in safe place.

Also, depending on where you stay, note both traffic and airport are both crowded in the morning. Leave no later than 7 am if you're in Sukhumvit area.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

All great input - I appreciate it! I'm leaning towards just grabbing a hotel that has a nice view of the city and then making sure I get back to the airport early the next morning. Thanks again!
Old Apr 22, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
If you decide to just be mobile for the time you are there, you can drop your bag at the left luggage counter on the departure level, which is open 24 hours. You will need to keep your passport with you, as you need it to pick up the left luggage in the morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.