Problem at Bangkok hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem at Bangkok hotel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
If you think thats bad then think about this................

My Wife is Thai and guess how many problems we have had..............
same for me. My wife ignores it. She knows the real world and that some assumptions will be made. The only time I "reacted" is when some jerk refused to allow her to come to the room and wouldn't call me.

Originally Posted by DirtyDan
When I first came to BKK I had to live at JW. When I left for work at 0430 hrs I was the only individual leaving the hotel at that time not wearing a short black dress!
If you ever decide to do that, be sure to post pictures.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by Tchiowa
If you ever decide to do that, be sure to post pictures.
Nah, no profit. He needs to sell tickets.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:43 pm

Most hotels will hold the ID card of someone joining you in your room and if they leave alone, they will call you to check everything is okay before returning their ID.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Brisman33
Most hotels will hold the ID card of someone joining you in your room and if they leave alone, they will call you to check everything is okay before returning their ID.
How do you know that
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Maybe the staff thought it was your wife or made a mistake and thought you were sharing a room. Not necessarily a sex worker.

I've been confused as a lady of the night when my date and I checked in to a hotel after work and I was dressed in nicely (In a Victoria Beckham style dress) and my date in a suit. I heard the 2 staff talking and as we walked to the lift they came out of the reception area to look at us walk to the lift. I did absolutely nothing about it. Who cared.

What is it with everyone seeking compensation.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by staff
... though I won't blame my colleague for being offended for being assumed to be a hooker....
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Maybe the staff thought it was your wife or made a mistake and thought you were sharing a room. Not necessarily a sex worker.
When that too young girl shows up at the hotel to see me wearing skin tight (spray-on) micro shorts and a halter top, is she a sex worker or my 20 year old daughter who attends the local university? I can't imagine that hotels want to be in the business of making these assessments.

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I've been confused as a lady of the night when my date and I checked in to a hotel after work and I was dressed in nicely (In a Victoria Beckham style dress) and my date in a suit. I heard the 2 staff talking and as we walked to the lift they came out of the reception area to look at us walk to the lift. I did absolutely nothing about it. Who cared.

What is it with everyone seeking compensation.
Exactly, Annalisa12.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:27 am

How do you know that
Old Feb 7, 2016, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

seems like many replies did not read post?

Originally Posted by staff
two rooms booked

I put her name on the reservation for her room, and told reception upon my own check-in that my colleague would be checking into the other room later in the evening

Around 11:30pm I am awoken (early meetings this morning) by the phone in my room, as the front desk is calling to ask if it's okay to let Miss [name of colleague] up to my room.
at a luxury hotel, you would not pay for the night

you may have had better results if you had discussed reservation with management level staff at booking and checkin
Old Feb 7, 2016, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
This conversation has clearly gone beyond the limit of the original post into a more general conversation about the issue.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: Thai ROP GOLD, SIA Silver Kris, QANTAS FF, Velocity Rewards, Emirates Skywards

at a luxury hotel, you would not pay for the night...
Confusing statement, please clarify
Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold

"two rooms booked

I put her name on the reservation for her room, and told reception upon my own check-in that my colleague would be checking into the other room later in the evening

Around 11:30pm I am awoken (early meetings this morning) by the phone in my room, as the front desk is calling to ask if it's okay to let Miss [name of colleague] up to my room."

at a luxury hotel, you would not pay for the night

you may have had better results if you had discussed reservation with management level staff at booking and checkin
But according to the rest of the original post, after a moment of confusion on the phone they straightened it out and she got her own room for the night. Why would a hotel comp her that room?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

again >

Around 11:30pm I am awoken (early meetings this morning)
(imagine this happening on most expensive cash/points booking you have ever made / will ever make)
(clearly at the cheapest points/cash hotels there should be lower expectations re service experience)

i said luxury hotel, as in best hotels in the market (except worst markets)
even nonluxury hotels may offer (good) service recovery for service failures
points properties can sometimes be problematic if procedure favors points over cash
accepting service failures encourages more service failures and less service recovery
(such accepting is why service/quality has declined so far in United States for example)

many on flyertalk deal with management level staff at hotels, whether they are luxury hotels or not
dealing with decision makers is completely different from (new) entry level front line employees

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 7, 2016 at 11:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.