Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oakwood Residence Sukhumvit 24, Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Oakwood Residence Sukhumvit 24, Bangkok, Thailand

This is one of my shorter reviews. The Oakwood Residence is a serviced apartment which I used to stay at very regularly. In fact it was my only call in Bangkok for 2 years as I knew the staff and the area well enough to get around [With pictures can be found on my website]
First, let’s look at the positives
– Location is superb. It is walking distance from Phrong Phong BTS stop and also Sukhumvit Road. Also the upmarket Emporium shopping centre is very close by — it has all the trendy shops (Gucci etc etc) but also more reasonably priced cuisine at the top floor food market.
– Staff are generally excellent. With the exception of the breakfast staff, the rest of the staff at Oakwood do everything that can to please the guests. The front desk staff are absolutely brilliant.

Now the issues that I think need to be addressed
Firstly, the towels are clean, but they often have a damp smell to them. I had complained about this previously, and they had assured me that this was no longer a problem. Well it still was. This is a case of not holding their laundry service to a high enough standard.
Second, if there is more than one room in the apartment, both rooms should be come with dressing robes, slippers as well as the basic toiletries as standard (even if only one person is booked in). Finally, the coffee/tea needs to be replenished every day.

Regular readers of my reviews will note that I wrote a review on the Arcadia Suites earlier this month. And I have not got any stays with Oakwood Residence Sukhumvit 24 booked for the foreseeable future.

Would I come back to this hotel? Probably not. I have stayed here many times, I am happy to try new places especially as I have now become more familiar with Bangkok.

Obviously this is another short review but your feedback is really welcome. Thanks.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
This is better placed in the Thailand forum. This was originally posted in the Trip Reports forum.

matthandy
Moderator: Trip Reports
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Thanks for the review! ^

Originally Posted by SQTraveller
Second, if there is more than one room in the apartment, both rooms should be come with dressing robes, slippers as well as the basic toiletries as standard (even if only one person is booked in).

Why ?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by forumpersona999
Thanks for the review! ^

Why ?
It's a fair enough question. From my point of view, why upgrade me to a two room apartment if you aren't going to give me the full two room experience?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by matthandy
This is better placed in the Thailand forum. This was originally posted in the Trip Reports forum.

matthandy
Moderator: Trip Reports
Thanks! Just getting the hang of the correct posting locations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.