Samui to Hong Kong prices

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2014, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum

Hello all,

Headed to Koh Samui for a week, and am taking CX back to the US out of HKG afterwards. I know I can connect through BKK, but Bangkok Airways has a direct flight that goes direct and saves me a lot of time. The trip is in about six months (June), and right now the price is sitting at around $400 which is a bit steep. Historically, has anyone seen the prices for this flight dip below that to a more reasonable range?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:46 pm

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
I doubt it'll drop significantly. I've bought PG tickets months out and also had to just walked up to the counter; Koh Samui always seems to be expensive.

USM is the hub for PG and every time I fly there I grit my teeth in anger at how expensive it is to fly there. It's almost like the taxi mafia have extensions into airplanes.

Last edited by DirtyDan; Dec 2, 2014 at 4:58 pm
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:46 am

USM is so expensive, because PG owns the airport, and can control the prices. They only allow a few slots to the other airlines, and thus the prices stay high.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.