White Water Rafting Chiang Mai

Subscribe
I am looking to do some white water rafting and elephant riding when I am in Thailand, does any one have suggestions of reputable companies or a story of a good time doing white water rafting in Chiang Mai?
Quote: I am looking to do some white water rafting and elephant riding when I am in Thailand, does any one have suggestions of reputable companies or a story of a good time doing white water rafting in Chiang Mai?
'Reputable' and 'elephant riding' should be kept far apart from each other. Painfully few are nothing more than tourist oriented business ventures that do little for the benefit of the elephants. The one I've heard only good things about is more oriented toward the maintenance and well being of the animals and not riding them.

Off hand I can't remember hearing about any white water rafting. I guess they don't have the budget for advertising that zip lining does.
there is no word for "Safety" in Thai,,,,,,

maybe not that bad but it sure is low down the list .....

Soarer
Pretty much every hotel and decent-sized guest house in Chiang Mai can arrange for these trips, or you can stop into one of the ubiquitous shops offering trekking and other outdoor activities. Most of the outfits doing white water rafting day trips go to the Mae Tang. Chiang Mai Adventure also offers overnight trips that will take you to the Pai (200 km from Chiang Mai) or Wa (350 km away) rivers. Obviously the best rafting is during/just after the rain season.

Recommendations for elephant camps.