Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG F Lounge Access BKK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 8:08 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by primetime23
Perhaps I was unclear. In the past I have been allowed in with TG or OZ boarding pass + HON with no problem --> see also post 13 of this thread, others had access too...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11492004-post13.html

Was just wondering if this is still the case.
I understood well your question and just tried to explore the logic...

As a TG Platinum I only get access to F lounge in BKK if I fly with TG (in any class). If I have a LH/LX/OS boarding pass, then it is only J lounge!
So a J passenger on OZ would get TG F lounge access if he is HON Circle, but NOT if he is TG Platinum...a bit strange
Old Sep 20, 2016, 9:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BinSabai
I understood well your question and just tried to explore the logic...

As a TG Platinum I only get access to F lounge in BKK if I fly with TG (in any class). If I have a LH/LX/OS boarding pass, then it is only J lounge!
So a J passenger on OZ would get TG F lounge access if he is HON Circle, but NOT if he is TG Platinum...a bit strange
Very strange indeed.

HON flying UA in J can access UA F lounge, but must be flying UA metal. Hard to believe LH has arranged more generous access for its HON on TG.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Very strange indeed.

HON flying UA in J can access UA F lounge, but must be flying UA metal. Hard to believe LH has arranged more generous access for its HON on TG.
Well they had... Found the appropriate thread over in the LH forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...bkk-hon-s.html

PS: Also HON flying LH in J can access UA F Lounge, another special agreement...
Old Sep 21, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Here is the Star Alliance Lounge finder link that will help identify which lounges you can enter:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/s.../lounge-finder

mxm135
Old Sep 21, 2016, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by MXM135
Here is the Star Alliance Lounge finder link that will help identify which lounges you can enter:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/s.../lounge-finder

mxm135
Thanks, but the Star Lounge finder is fairly inaccurate...
Anyway, will try in a few weeks and report back what happened.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by primetime23
Thanks, but the Star Lounge finder is fairly inaccurate...
Anyway, will try in a few weeks and report back what happened.
for us normal people probably still accurate, but of course not for you guys from the spheres of HON Circle...
your thread is pretty old but it clearly states that LH even discontinued lounge access for HON on THEIR J; so then why would they get on TG J
Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai
your thread is pretty old but it clearly states that LH even discontinued lounge access for HON on THEIR J; so then why would they get on TG J
Who stated that? In which case you don't get lounge access to the BKK TG F Lounge as a HON on a LH business ticket?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by thbe
Who stated that? In which case you don't get lounge access to the BKK TG F Lounge as a HON on a LH business ticket?
first post in the thread he links to; it looks like OP is quoting a official LH announcement:

Lounge access for HON Circle Members in Bangkok
11/07/2014

Since June 2014 the Frankfurt–Bangkok route has been served by a Lufthansa A340-300 aircraft, equipped with a two-class product (new Business Class and Economy Class).

As First Class travel on the Bangkok route has been discontinued from 1 July 2014 the First Class Lounge in Bangkok is also unfortunately no longer available. However, all HON Circle Members can, of course, make use of Singapore Airlines’ and Thai Airways’ Star Gold lounges while they are awaiting departure.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 12:50 am

I can not say, if that was true for a short time.

I can definitely say, that it wasn't true for a long time.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by thbe
I can not say, if that was true for a short time.

I can definitely say, that it wasn't true for a long time.
so you mean that the highly respected and admired HON Circle members are in the meanwhile welcome back in the TG F lounge, even they travel on a ignoble semi-cattle-class J ticket on Luftwaffe or OS?
what a relieve for our community!
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:12 am

I was talking about LH flights, not about flights on OS or LX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.