Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Minimum connection time Intl to Intl at new BBK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2007, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Hey guys,

Wondering if anybody has any opinions on the minimum connection time Internation to International with checked bags at the new BBK. With so much talk at the moment about delayed flights and on going problems, I'm thinking 1 1/2 hours (which I usually consider OK) might not be enough.

I'm booked to arrive from TG 982 MEL-BKK at 2240 and depart on OS 26 BKK-VIE departing at 2355 end of this month. Thats 1 1/4 all things being even.

Is this enough time? I'm not just thinking about me getting to the gate, but my bags getting to the A/C what with all the luggage probs they've had.

Thanks guys,
Kael
Old Feb 3, 2007, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Well I wanted to do...

HKG-BKK arrives 2.25pm
BKK-MNL departs 3.15pm

...but the system wouldn't allow me to book it. Was making me connect a day later as that was the last flight of the day to MNL. Both flights with TG as well.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 10:15 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
This is the information published in the latest TG Timetable:

Minimum Connecting Time at Suvarnabhumi Airport
a) International TG to International TG - 55 mins
b) Domestic TG to Domestic TG - 55 mins
c) International TG to Domestic TG or v.v. - 75 mins
d) International TG to Domestic TG (Chiangmai / Chiang Rai / Phuket / Hat Yai / Krabi) or v.v. - 55 mins
e) International TG / Domestic TG to Star Alliance or v.v. - 75 mins

As such, 75 mins should be okay.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 6:36 pm

With all kinds of mishap that could happen at the new airport, I would personally spare at least 2 hours there. It's not only for yourself but also to make sure that your luggage make the connection.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 9:18 am

Programs: BA BD SA
I had TG (international, since I had passed through immigration etc. in HKT) to CX connection at BKK. Everything went very smoothly: when we arrived at BKK our little "CIQ" stickers identified us as Int'l and we were directed by ground staff to an area signposted for international pax. The chap there didn't even look at our paperwork and shooed us up a set of stairs. That took us up to the daparture level - but we still didn't have BP's! We were mightily confused and tried to make sense of it. But eventually we had to presume we had missed the check-in transfer area on level 2. Luckily we had loads of time and we were travelling in F. So went to the CX lounge (which, as fate would have it, was at the diametrically opposite end of the airport) and they issued the BP's.

Still don't know where we went wrong as we were being herded all the way. But maybe the moral is: things can easily go time-consumingly wrong at BKK, so allow some leeway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.