Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Co-ordination Problem?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2006, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue, SK Eurobonus, TG ROP, BA EC, QR Privilege Club, SQ Krisflyer
Co-ordination Problem?

Anyone taken a look at this month's Sawasdee magazine yet?

Pages 22 - 30, all you need to know about Suvarnabhumi. Page 11 - welcome to Amari Airport Don Muang, the only hotel connected directly to Bangkok International Airport......priceless
Old Oct 10, 2006, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by rhodeswood
Anyone taken a look at this month's Sawasdee magazine yet? Pages 22 - 30, all you need to know about Suvarnabhumi. Page 11 - welcome to Amari Airport Don Muang, the only hotel connected directly to Bangkok International Airport......priceless
Nice catch, Rhodeswood.

Explanation:
Bangkok's new airport opened a few weeks ago.
The Amari Airport Hotel is located at the old airport, (no longer used for commercial flights).
The separation is 30 kilometers.

Rhodeswood's posting provides a useful example of how things work in Thailand.
Or, don't work.
A similar level of accuracy is found on various schedules, posted opening/closing times, and -- especially -- maps of hotels, stores, and tourist attractions in Thailand.
Traveller beware.

-- Peter
Old Oct 10, 2006, 8:16 am

Programs: ROP Gold, BD Gold, Asiana Club Silver
I caught that also. I figured that probably the Amari reserved their ad for some long period of time and couldn't cancel it once they found out Don Muang was going to close in September. I'd be willing to be the Amari has close to zero customers right now if in fact they're even still open.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Is this still right ?????

Parents (not too old and slow !) are looking for a place to spend an evening between landing at DMK at about 6pm and leaving again at about 11am. Is the Amari Don Muang actually connected to the airport ? And is it just a 5 minute walk or so ?

Cheers.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:29 pm

Programs: Royal Orchid
Yes it is
Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:51 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Is this still right ?????

Parents (not too old and slow !) are looking for a place to spend an evening between landing at DMK at about 6pm and leaving again at about 11am. Is the Amari Don Muang actually connected to the airport ? And is it just a 5 minute walk or so ?

Cheers.
and not so expensive anymore as in the past when Don Muang was the main airport...
Old Oct 25, 2016, 3:47 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
and , I am sure, you also observed following Sawasdee co-ordination mix-up:
September edition:
feature as per title: Oslo
content : Stavanger (which is 200 km west of Oslo)
Old Oct 28, 2016, 5:21 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
a
September edition:
feature as per title: Oslo
content : Stavanger (which is 200 km west of Oslo)
At least if you fly with SK you will get a few miles plus now there is even a SK domestic lounge in OSL (but not in SVG)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.