Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Airport lounge access policy was somewhat changed - is it now more/less crowded?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport lounge access policy was somewhat changed - is it now more/less crowded?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Thai Royal Orchid Gold, Flying Blue Gold, Emirates Silver

Hi All,

You probably all know that Thai Airways changed a small (but important) policy on who can access lounges at Suvarnabhumi (effective March 1, 2017), specifically "The special terms for co-brand credit card holders redeeming miles will no longer be available"

http://news.royal-orchid-plus.com/ho...17/basic/en/65

My thoughts would be that, now that the "co-branded credit card" do not allow access to lounges anymore, they should be less crowded.

I have 2 flights out of BKK in the next 3 weeks in J class, and wonder if it is a jungle in the lounge, especially at night.

Thanks all,

GJ
Old Mar 7, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I do not think that this will significantly reduce the crowd in TG's J Lounge and the jungle in the international Lounges particular after 9pm will remain.
Maybe a slight reduction in the domestic Lounge, where a lot of people living in Thailand fly Y and enter with such credit cards
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by true1976
I have 2 flights out of BKK in the next 3 weeks in J class, and wonder if it is a jungle in the lounge, especially at night.
If you are departing BKK on a *A J ticket you can enter the Singapore or EVA lounges, or even lounge hop if you have time.

SL
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
I definitely lounge hop if i am in biz class and biz lounge...one lounge gets boring after a while....
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: TG*G , PR Classic
but if credit card holder have lounge invitation from credit card company or bank they still access and cordinate to use C/E lounge. before if you used up lounge invitation already from credit card you may burn you mile/point from credit card directly. now discontinue.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:09 pm

I wouldn't know as having a *G card, the BR and SQ lounges offer far better ambience, food and beverage than the TG lounges, so I always use those. They also seem to be more quiet and less crowded than I recall as being the case with the TG lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.