Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG601 changes from 747 to A380

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
i guess then the error is on UA side as this flight no is and wans never flown on A380! you Need to switch to the other of the two daily flight to enjoy the A380!
Old Feb 5, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PJV33
Ah well then maybe it's an issue on UA's side, as my ticket definitely shows 16K for that flight, in fact it shows 16K on both of my flights as i'm connecting to MEL later that night, so double bad news since 16K doesn't exist on the 773ER.
My original booking with UA and when I did my initial seat selection all showed 380 at the time, in mid December. Kind of a let down going from A380 business to the angle lie flats now.

Thanks for the knowledge!
WhIch seats does your TG booking show?
Old Feb 5, 2017, 9:15 am

The manage booking for seat selection doesn't ever work for me when I try it on my computer with Chrome or Firefox, nor on my android app. I wish I could choose my seat!

When I log in just now with my PC it only shows me 16K for one of my two flights, NRT-BKK, and there is no where to click on to even view the seat map at all. The other flight BKK-MEL, doesn't even show up at all on the services area, only in the itinerary.

http://imgur.com/a/0aU54
Old Feb 5, 2017, 11:41 am

I had an issue with the TG site recently too. Chrome and Safari wouldn't let me select seats. I was able to do it with the iPhone app. There's a thread on the TG forum.

Email the US TG reservations email. They got back to me with a conf# in 10 min so I could select my HND-BKK seat on a UA award booking. NOT the lax email that one bounces back.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 4:26 pm

OK, borrowed my roommates Iphone and it worked like you said.
15A for NRT-BKK, still 16K for BKK-MEL. Both flights show angled lie-flat seats. Lame.

I wonder if I can call UA and see if a aircraft change counts as a schedule change and can move to the 380 flight later that night without paying a change fee. The booking confirmation does say A380 so, maybe?

thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2017, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by PJV33
OK, borrowed my roommates Iphone and it worked like you said.
15A for NRT-BKK, still 16K for BKK-MEL. Both flights show angled lie-flat seats. Lame.

I wonder if I can call UA and see if a aircraft change counts as a schedule change and can move to the 380 flight later that night without paying a change fee. The booking confirmation does say A380 so, maybe?

thanks!
What's your UA status? If you're a 1K or GS there's I'm pretty sure you can change it online for no fee a points booking if there's availability on the A380 flight.
UA can't make TG open space if there's none available right now. If you're a status with a change fee they probably won't waive it (especially with TG being king of swaps) as no carrier or drastic time changes have been made. You're still in J on the same route with the same airline.

Last edited by JVPhoto; Feb 6, 2017 at 8:53 am
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
No airline guarantees seat type. Only cabin (and to a lesser degree, flight schedule).
Requesting a free itinerary change due to change of aircraft type/seat type while remaining in the same cabin is a long stretch.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Just to close the loop - I took TG601 on the A380. It was a great ride - F cabin was 50% occupied, and service and food was great!
Old Feb 11, 2017, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
Just to close the loop - I took TG601 on the A380. It was a great ride - F cabin was 50% occupied, and service and food was great!
can you share the menu on this afternoon flight with us. Dom but no Caviar i guess... I flew for years only in the evening from HKG to BKK, never in the afternoon
Old Feb 11, 2017, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BinSabai
can you share the menu on this afternoon flight with us. Dom but no Caviar i guess... I flew for years only in the evening from HKG to BKK, never in the afternoon
Yes - there was no caviar.

There was a caprese amuse bouche followed by a smoked duck breast appetizer.
I pre-ordered the lobster, but there was also a beef fillet, a fish dish that I can't specifically recall and a pad thai with lobster (smaller lobster than the special order).
These were followed by a cheese and fruit plate - two cheeses, neither of which were memorable, and a couple of small cakes for a sweet conclusion.
Dom was flowing. There was also a 2012 Alsatian Gewürztraminer and a Chablis that was over a decade old - way past its prime.
No amenity kit or slippers available, when I asked. But there were socks brought on request.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 1:56 am

Re: Amenity Kit

Isn't the bathroom cupboard stocked with mouth wash, tooth brush, etc? Or am I confusing with NH ans LH F?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JVPhoto

Isn't the bathroom cupboard stocked with mouth wash, tooth brush, etc? Or am I confusing with NH ans LH F?
I didn't dig around in the lav for tooth brush and other amenities. But I did appreciate the cloth hand towels, which I hadn't seen since traveling on SQ.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto

not on such regional flights less then 3 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.