Wiki Posts
Search

thank you to a stranger

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ KF *S, TG ROP *P
thank you to a stranger

I was travelling with 3, 21yo daughter and the Mrs all in C. Got to the F lounge at D, but of course I knew I could only guest 1, so had to split, the Mrs into the J and daughter and self in F. But fortunately at the same time, a British gentleman (sounds like one) was checking into the lounge and he graciously guest the Mrs in. So thankful to this kind gentleman, he is a fellow Plat and was travelling to HKG.

If you are in this board, again Thank You very much from the bottom of my heart.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by kapitan
I was travelling with 3, 21yo daughter and the Mrs all in C. Got to the F lounge at D, but of course I knew I could only guest 1, so had to split, the Mrs into the J and daughter and self in F. But fortunately at the same time, a British gentleman (sounds like one) was checking into the lounge and he graciously guest the Mrs in. So thankful to this kind gentleman, he is a fellow Plat and was travelling to HKG.

If you are in this board, again Thank You very much from the bottom of my heart.
Good to hear - not me on a number of counts!

I'll hopefully be back to TG *G in Dec with a small excess of 178 miles unless there is a horrible miscalculation with SQ fare class (happened once back in 2016 for me - a bad own goal! ).

Today I completed the first of 3x BKK-CNX-BKK to fit in whilst on vacation to meet the deficit!
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
It worked out great fo you.

I have the yellow FLYERTALK tag on my carry on and have been asked at times if a fellow Fer can be guested. Quick once over, a hi and done !
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I've guested people who are total strangers and I've ignored people who are total strangers.

Like so many other situations, first impressions are meaningful.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 5:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by kapitan

I hope you were not this fellow - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...escalator.html from not long ago.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ KF *S, TG ROP *P
Originally Posted by benberg2013
I hope you were not this fellow - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...escalator.html from not long ago.
Nope that's not me .

I was in the lounge and was prepared to split my group up..... all 3 of us were on J class, and so either the Mrs or daughter will go through to the J lounge... or even all three of us will go into the J lounge...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.