Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK fasttrack security with a printed BP?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2016, 8:26 am
Original Poster

BKK fasttrack security with a printed BP?

Hi,

I'm expecting to fly ex BKK with TG, business class.

If I bring my printed boarding pass can I directly go to the Premium fasttrack security, or do I need to first obtain the fasttrack voucher from the TG checkin desk?.

Thanks
Old Sep 18, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mzzxx11
Hi,

I'm expecting to fly ex BKK with TG, business class.

If I bring my printed boarding pass can I directly go to the Premium fasttrack security, or do I need to first obtain the fasttrack voucher from the TG checkin desk?.

Thanks
you can go directly through the TG fast track security behind TG F and J check in; there is no voucher necessary, boarding pass is sufficient
Old Sep 18, 2016, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Thanks ^

Does this service also apply to immigration, namely, is there a TG-specific passport control for business/first class?.

Cheers

Last edited by mzzxx11; Sep 18, 2016 at 9:43 am
Old Sep 18, 2016, 10:43 am

Thanks ^

Does this service also apply to immigration, namely, is there a TG-specific passport control for business/first class?.

Cheers
yes, close to D4 gate
Old Sep 18, 2016, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Thanks ^

Cheers
Originally Posted by BinSabai
yes, close to D4 gate
I think OP is still inquiring about exit immi.

Yes, for TG J/F pax there is expedited security and immigration beyond the J checkin desks.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:09 am

Everything you can do with the voucher, you can do with a TG business/first ticket as well.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by thbe
Everything you can do with the voucher, you can do with a TG business/first ticket as well.
my experience is different

for departure and security immigration, with TG F or J you go through dedicated lines behind their priority check in (row A and B on the East side of the hall); with vouchers through a Premium lane in the middle of the departure hall

for arrival: there are actually two major immigration areas for the majority of the customers
Premium lanes for vouchers are between those two areas (I have been refused entrance with TG J ticket there) while the fast track for TG is in the main area opposite to gate D4 (eastern side) on the right side when you enter; recently there were also some fast track lines for TG on the left side of that area
Old Sep 20, 2016, 9:18 am

You are right.

But until now it was no problem for me to use the premium lane without voucher but with a TG business ticket.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by thbe
But until now it was no problem for me to use the premium lane without voucher but with a TG business ticket.
good for you!^
so you recommend fellow FT to try the same?
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:59 pm

good for you!^
so you recommend fellow FT to try the same?
No, I recommend not to worry about that, if you are in BKK on TG business/first.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

To clarify my question: I'm asking about using the fasttrack security and passport control with a boarding pass which I obtain from the online checkin, not from the TG checkin desks.

So, can I access the TG fasttrack security + immigration with a "homemade" BP?.

Thanks
Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:24 pm

It doesn't matter if your bp is printed out at the check-in or if it is an online check-in bp.

If you worry about that, you can get a "real bp" at the counter even if you checked in online.

It only makes sense to use the premium lane as a TG business guest if it's closer to you. Worst case is, that you have to walk the longer way, that you have to walk anyway to use the TG lanes.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 12:15 am

Thanks for the replies.

To clarify my question: I'm asking about using the fasttrack security and passport control with a boarding pass which I obtain from the online checkin, not from the TG checkin desks.

So, can I access the TG fasttrack security + immigration with a "homemade" BP?.

Thanks
yes you can use both fast track security and immigration with homemade BP or BP on smartphone
I would recommend to use the TG dedicated fast lane behind check in A/B, resp. door 1
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
It seems this entire thread hinges upon being able to access immi and security with a printed BP (vs airport procured).

My expectation is a home printed BP is worth less than the paper it's printed on.

or perhaps several bottles of bubbly has dulled my senses.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Premium lanes for vouchers are between those two areas (I have been refused entrance with TG J ticket there) while the fast track for TG is in the main area opposite to gate D4 (eastern side) on the right side when you enter; recently there were also some fast track lines for TG on the left side of that area
Regardless of airline (TG, CX, SQ), I've always used the fast track immigration to the far right as you face the counters . . . the area where there's also the diplomat/VIP counter. I assume this is the TG area? Not sure where the "premium lanes for vouchers" you mention are . . . . Are these quicker than the TG area? I'll be arriving CX J next weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.