Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Gold 50% - anyone knows when they are going to be available?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Thai Royal Orchid Gold, Flying Blue Gold, Emirates Silver

Hi,

I am not sure whether last year I was able to use my gold award (birthday award) 50% miles in December or January.

I have booked a flight in July on a route that does not have many business class seat, so timing is essential. The flight has to be confirmed before December 25, 2015, and I am not sure if it will be in time to use the 50% gold award they generally give each year (if any). Anyone knows when it is generally available?

Any help much appreciated, I couldn't find anything in the "search".

GJ
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:08 am

Could you tell me a bit more about this. I have not heard of this award at all - how does it work?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:33 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by true1976
Hi,

I am not sure whether last year I was able to use my gold award (birthday award) 50% miles in December or January.

I have booked a flight in July on a route that does not have many business class seat, so timing is essential. The flight has to be confirmed before December 25, 2015, and I am not sure if it will be in time to use the 50% gold award they generally give each year (if any). Anyone knows when it is generally available?

GJ
I understand you talk about the air award by ROP miles at 50% discounted rate-award. AFAIK this is ONCE a year offered for ONE ticket for Gold, and TWO tickets for Platinum, in the past the offers were announced late DEC the year before, or during JAN of validity year.

just call TG office for X (mileage ticket Economy Class), I (mileage ticket Business Class), or O (mileage ticket First Class) for finding/checking your availability and seat reservations (...i find the TG online webpage tool a bit messy). then request the 50% discount award on your mileage reservation/ticketing.

there is no special 50% award availiability announced anywhere, its at passengers discretion to friendly enquire with TG.

thats about it - hope it helps
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by true1976
Hi,
GJ

make sure you get it done within your valid Gold Status period and ask your local TG-office for help.....
In case you better take anything and make a rebooking against 40 USD later when availability in I-class for your most preferred date will be given - I class will be available on some routes with limited seat capacity only with very short notice - you might want to opt for a midweek departure or any other less desired flight date in order to get the award ticket done wtill within the next three weeks.....
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Thai Royal Orchid Gold, Flying Blue Gold, Emirates Silver
Thanks all!

I have my Gold until November 2016, and thought they would start giving these birthday awards in December already but after calling the call center, it seems that they are not available yet.

Will continue calling.

Thanks
GJ
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by TheHansTheDampf
Could you tell me a bit more about this. I have not heard of this award at all - how does it work?
Go to the Thai website, click on the 'Royal Orchid Plus' link (which is immediately under the 'Login' link in the top right hand corner), then in the left hand column click on the 'Status and Benefits' link. Then click on the 'Gold Status' link, then scroll down to the bottom of that page. Click on the 'Special gifts in 2015 for Royal Orchid Plus Gold Member' link and the details are all there.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 3:19 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Main Wheel
Go to the Thai website, click on the 'Royal Orchid Plus' link (which is immediately under the 'Login' link in the top right hand corner), then in the left hand column click on the 'Status and Benefits' link. Then click on the 'Gold Status' link, then scroll down to the bottom of that page. Click on the 'Special gifts in 2015 for Royal Orchid Plus Gold Member' link and the details are all there.
Interestingly, I did this just now for Platinum Status and there is no such link on the Platinum page. However, I know we get two of these 50% discounted vouchers every year. But, while browsing the Platinum benefits, I did notice that we, along with another guest, get access to Star Alliance luggages......

Complimentary access for Platinum and one guest to Star Alliance luggage world-wide displaying the Star Alliance Gold symbol. A paid ticket, Platinum Card, and boarding passes for both the Platinum member and a guest on a some-day departing Star Alliance flights are required for luggage access.

Does your "luggage" display the Star Alliance Gold symbol? Poor old Thai Airways, they can't even employ the services of a good proof reader....says it all really, about their website anyway
Old Dec 5, 2015, 2:19 pm

Programs: BRK-B
Originally Posted by Thaikwai
Interestingly, I did this just now for Platinum Status and there is no such link on the Platinum page. However, I know we get two of these 50% discounted vouchers every year. But, while browsing the Platinum benefits, I did notice that we, along with another guest, get access to Star Alliance luggages......

Complimentary access for Platinum and one guest to Star Alliance luggage world-wide displaying the Star Alliance Gold symbol. A paid ticket, Platinum Card, and boarding passes for both the Platinum member and a guest on a some-day departing Star Alliance flights are required for luggage access.

Does your "luggage" display the Star Alliance Gold symbol? Poor old Thai Airways, they can't even employ the services of a good proof reader....says it all really, about their website anyway
Actually, my luggage has a star gold symbol on!!! 555555555 (hahahahaha)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.