Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG lounge vs SQ lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:24 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Thanks for the info. I was in the D lounge today and didn't notice it having been refurbished. What changes were made?
D was not refurbished recently, but both in E were within 2015. I guess D will be refurbished once they open the extension in D
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
A shower at the TG lounge, followed by a warm bowl of Mee Siam at the SQ lounge is always a good idea
I would like to advise that hot bowls are not always available at all times during the opening times.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by warakorn
I would like to advise that hot bowls are not always available at all times during the opening times.
so cold noodles then?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by BinSabai
most of the TG lounges have also been refurbished...
What? When? Where? Did this just occur because the 3 lounges I used in the past year were worn out.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
What? When? Where? Did this just occur because the 3 lounges I used in the past year were worn out.
I do not have a record but for example both E lounges were refurbished end 2014/beginning 2015
D lounge certainly also do not have original furniture anymore
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I visited the SQ lounge for the first time last week at BKK. Agree it is better then the Thai Airways lounges.

Decent food selections, including HD ice cream.

Also nice not to hear the constant "end of the walkway" message
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
I do not have a record but for example both E lounges were refurbished end 2014/beginning 2015
D lounge certainly also do not have original furniture anymore
OK, that explains E, as I use EVA upstairs at F and have not been in E for some time. Thanks. Domestic certainly could use a change.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:30 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Yes. I agree. SQ Lounge at BKK airport beats TG lounge anytime.

I fly out from BKK 2 to 6 times a month and although almost all my flights are with TG, I ended up using SQ lounge almost 80% of the time.

SQ lounge has better food and more variety, drinks and HD ice cream. At least I can eat some decent food (like SIN Hainanese Chicken Rice) when I am hungry compared to the snacks at TG lounge.

TG lounge is simply rubbish. I have never eaten anything in TG lounge all these years except some beer and tomato juice.

Happy

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I visited the SQ lounge for the first time last week at BKK. Agree it is better then the Thai Airways lounges.

Decent food selections, including HD ice cream.

Also nice not to hear the constant "end of the walkway" message
Old Dec 13, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by happygolucky_nomad
Yes. I agree. SQ Lounge at BKK airport beats TG lounge anytime.

I fly out from BKK 2 to 6 times a month and although almost all my flights are with TG, I ended up using SQ lounge almost 80% of the time.

SQ lounge has better food and more variety, drinks and HD ice cream. At least I can eat some decent food (like SIN Hainanese Chicken Rice) when I am hungry compared to the snacks at TG lounge.

TG lounge is simply rubbish. I have never eaten anything in TG lounge all these years except some beer and tomato juice.

Happy
I agree SQ C >>> TG F at BKK except for the smoking room Self service great food and no Thai youngiws who prefer to chat amongst themselves ratherthan attend to F pax Im kinda used to self vice aka LH and LX F we are not used to servants!!!
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by cbourl
I agree SQ C >>> TG F at BKK except for the smoking room Self service great food and no Thai youngiws who prefer to chat amongst themselves ratherthan attend to F pax Im kinda used to self vice aka LH and LX F we are not used to servants!!!
quoted poster did not mention F lounge, he was talking about TG lounge
I also completely disagree to put the SQ C lounge over TG's F lounge!
food and beverage are broader and better in the F lounge, different selection of private rooms, sofas and chairs. broad selection of magazines and newspapers, smoking room and you get served is certainly a privilege!
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:23 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Red face

quoted poster did not mention F lounge, he was talking about TG lounge
I also completely disagree to put the SQ C lounge over TG's F lounge!
food and beverage are broader and better in the F lounge, different selection of private rooms, sofas and chairs. broad selection of magazines and newspapers, smoking room and you get served is certainly a privilege!
Oh OK well TG C lounges arent even woth a mention then I triend them out but last time spent my time beyween TG F and SQ SilverKris Soon will try EVA F/C lounge at BKK
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: TG Plat
For the home airport the two TG lounges in C corridor are a disgrace. Awful food, no wine, lousy layout and passed its use-by-date furniture.
SQ or EVA are streets ahead but not always open.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
SQ lounge is much better. The computers work, they have curry chicken and rice, and they have cup of noodles. Also brighter decor.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:47 pm

Programs: LH M&M (SEN); TG ROP GOLD
I use the SQ lounge all the time when fly *Alliance ex BKK which can be up to twice per week. The SQ lounge is now open until 2300 which is perfect for late North Asia/European flights. (The last SQ flight is at 2110). SQ is certainly benefiting from having a great food and wine selection and it would be interesting to know how many guests are not flying SQ. It's certainly busy before SQ departures, but on my last visit at 2200 last Tues, there was at least 20 guest there.

I have also noticed how the staff regularly replenish the food and on at least 2 occasions I have seen them taking photos of the food presentations. I have also witnessed an inspection by the SQ staff, and judging by the accents they were from Singapore.

Since it was updated the EVA lounge is by far the best option for departure in concourse E, F G

IMHO, the best lounge in BKK is Cathay Pacific's new lounge in Concourse D
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by lcy flyer
IMHO, the best lounge in BKK is Cathay Pacific's new lounge in Concourse D
except TG F of course!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.