Wiki Posts
Search

THAI Business class pre-order menu review

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG*Gold

The menu changes slowly on Thai Airways flights.(some of menu never changes since 4 years) After being bored of their "exclusive" inflightmeal I decided to use TG option and pre-order my Royal Silk Class main course.

How was it? check it out:

Flight FRA-BKK TG921 and BKK-FRA TG922

1. TG921 Seat 21A

Welcome drink: champagne

Snacks: peanuts + chicken satay.

Appetizers:

Pre-ordered Main course:
Should be like this:

and i got like that.

The salmon was tasteless. I asked to change salmon for the duck from inflight menu. And now it comes surprise. I was thinking for a couple of time where did I get same style and same Duck dish. I checked my last photos on my computer and voila ! Thai Airways uses same First Class meals for Business class passengers. The difference was just a plate. In First class I.ve got it on bigger nice plate and here in typical Royal Silk bowl. The taste was the same as good as First Class.

Royal Silk

First Class

Cheese, Desert, coffee

TG922 FRA-BKK

Welcome drink and snack

mini appetizer:

Pre ordered Main course: Beef Massaman

Should be like this:

and i got like that:
Totally overcooked I tried to change it again to something else from inflight menu but the answer was NO since the flight was overbooked. Stewardess smiled and said that she can bring something from Economy class. WOW

my friend which was seating next to me ordered chicken. I think it looks worse than mine.

Cheese, desert, coffee:

Please don't ask for Cappuccino on THAI Royal Silk. They are making it from a cheap Cappuccino powder. Horrible taste.

Results:

I'll never test again THAI Airways pre-order meals in Royal Silk Class. Was my first and last time. Also I will not recommend that option to my friends.
The other food was actually good but it is always the same since I started flying tHAI. I have taken photos of Thai Airways since 4 years and I see that their menu has just changed little bit only.
I look forward when THAI finally bring back to their drink list some Australian or South African wines (Those French are %$#%) and put some more of their First Class main courses to Royal Silk menu (not only the duck)

Bon Appetit

Last edited by phrasuthon; Feb 11, 2015 at 5:56 am
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:27 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
the appetizer, starter, cheese and dessert are actually not bad.
It is really bad that main courses are usually very lousy in TG J with a couple of exceptions like the Panaeng Curry. Hope they can also fix this during their restructuring program
Cappuccino and Espresso are certainly not excellent but at least better as their normal coffee
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
It's nice to see some starters that don't involve some sort of vile foie gras terrine! These look half decent.

As for the mains...they are typically not much different to what is being served in Y...but Thai dishes are usually safe enough. In general I find the J mains on a par with CX but far behind SQ and the ME3.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 1:45 am

Programs: BRK-B
Is that happen only for pre-order on flight to BKK?

Last edited by Noppasit; Feb 12, 2015 at 3:24 pm
Old Feb 12, 2015, 5:32 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum

I always book the same pre-order beef steak ex BKK. It is always (!) a completely different presentation. I should have made a beef steak picture collection then I'd had something to make a picture calendar out of it....
Old Feb 12, 2015, 2:53 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold

100% agree on the wine front. I reckon the person who does it just picks French because of 'prestige' as opposed to going, this is the budget I've got what is the best wine I can get for that in the world.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:50 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
One advantage of the pre-order has been getting a main meal that's delicious instead of the standard meal, even when it's a breakfast flight. (Mine have been delicious, even if they didn't look good.)

How did you even submit yours? That part of the web site doesn't seem to be working for me recently. I just get:
"Sorry, The system is unavailable.
Please try again later."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.