Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The cutbacks are starting to bite........

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:40 pm

Programs: *G, VA G, IHG PE
Originally Posted by smfnrt
On the longer BKK - SYD leg,
Amenity kit is Rimowa, gray colour
I had white and purple on the Sydney route. I've had great experiences on all of my recent flights, with plenty of the advertised products (even offered seconds of the caviar out of Sydney). Only issue I had was a well overcooked duck main, but everything else tasted wonderful. A friend of mine flew the same route two days earlier and had no issue with the same dish, it was a simple mistake.

Giving the hosts a smile and a thank you always results in great service back!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Phalanger
Giving the hosts a smile and a thank you always results in great service back!
That's a rather utopian vision.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:50 pm

Programs: *G, VA G, IHG PE
Originally Posted by dsquared37
That's a rather utopian vision.
Always worked for me up front, can't say the same further back...
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:08 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
it is about as utopian as to believe that service given with a smile must always be a good service!
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Margo and I did the long FRA-BKK-SYD a few weeks back in Thai First Class on the 747, on our way home from Albania and Spain and Greece etc - http://tinyurl.com/nprofvl

Before take off, we had as our seatmate none other than jswong from NZ, on his way back home from Egypt, that some here will recognize from his many previous ozfests.

The purser kindly offered to snap us all sipping 10 year old Dom Perignon, before we had even left the ground. Classy touch that Thai offers, as well as lobster and caviar etc which indeed are not cut back on the SYD flights.

Glen

Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:51 pm

the title of this thread should be changed as most of the guys report no cutbacks...
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Panic over......faith restored......

I came back last week on TG931 from Paris and the service was excellent, with plenty of warm nuts, canapes, caviar (3 helpings this time!!) and I did not have to go looking for my own drinks.

My faith has been restored!!^
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Thaikwai
My faith has been restored!!^
...until the next time you face a greedy crew...
Old Mar 6, 2015, 3:58 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
KIX-BKK plenty of Dom, smiles and very friendly crew, Rimowa kit, slippers, plenty of food.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 2:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Flying to LHR Saturday and back from FRA in F and look forward to the DOM and Caviar. It has been a long time since I flown F on TG.. I should be having the same cabins as in my trip report.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-747-a380.html

Globalist
Old Mar 22, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: Thai Royal Orchid Gold, Flying Blue Gold, Emirates Silver
Just flew BKK-HKG and HKG-BKK last week in J, service was ok but the food was terrible, even on the A380.

They also served a new champagne (can't remember the name now) that was really not as nice as the PIPER-HEIDSIECK or Laurent Perrier they had in the past.

The food was basically Economy class quality (fried soba overcooked, beef very chewy), and the service was just OK, having to ask the flight attendant to finally start the entertainment system 30 minutes in the flight.

Emirates on the same route is just so much better and cost efficient!

GJ
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:36 am

Flew from LHR - BKK - SYD. Service was great. Have to say the BKK - SYD they were more proactive but that may have something to do with only 4 found in the cabin. Drinks constantly refilled. Rimonwa amenity kit on both legs. Looking forward to BKK-SYD Again in July.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by true1976
Just flew BKK-HKG and HKG-BKK last week in J, service was ok but the food was terrible, even on the A380.

They also served a new champagne (can't remember the name now) that was really not as nice as the PIPER-HEIDSIECK or Laurent Perrier they had in the past.

The food was basically Economy class quality (fried soba overcooked, beef very chewy), and the service was just OK, having to ask the flight attendant to finally start the entertainment system 30 minutes in the flight.

Emirates on the same route is just so much better and cost efficient!

GJ
I flew HKG->BKK in January and the food was very bad.

My first choice was not available, so ended up with a beef in oyster sauce type of dish. Beef was unbelievably chewy. Just not edible. I had one bite of my entree and was finished.

Service was great.

If I recall correctly, I was on 747...but not sure the plane type has much to do with the quality of the catering.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
If I recall correctly, I was on 747...but not sure the plane type has much to do with the quality of the catering.
not really!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:35 am
Suspended

no caviar between NRT BKK. But not sure if there ever was in F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.