Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold card in advance?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2015, 4:19 am

Programs: BRK-B
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Plus they will put you on "watch list" - cheated once, check him/her next time...
They're going to charge me for no-show?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:28 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Noppasit
They're going to charge me for no-show?
Very theoretically, they could recalculate your ticket as one-way (i.e. more expensive) and demand you pay the difference. Practically, it is unlikely.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Dear HHH,

Congratulations on being close to achieving Gold status. I know it will make your air travel much more enjoyable but I hate to burst your bubble with regard to "flashing the Gold card" in order to achieve low cost or free upgrades at the gate or on the aircraft.

You correctly identified the main benefits of Gold status, namely Lounge access and dedicated check in. However, there are more than 3 million members of Thai ROP and more than 100,000 of these are Gold card members so I doubt very much that flashing the card will even get you recognition, never mind any further benefits. Thai, like most carriers, are not very liberal with the free upgrades.

If there were any upgrades going then Platinum members (of which there are about 5,000) would get them before you.....assuming there are no DYKWIA Thai wannabe VIPs on the flight......just have a look around you at the number of fellow passengers with those Gold luggage tags and you will understand what I mean

Welcome to the world of status!!!!!
Old Feb 7, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Thaikwai
from where do you have those figures: 5000 Platinum members and 100'000 Gold members
it would also be interesting to know how many got this cards by really flying the status miles and how many by any other means...
Old Feb 8, 2015, 1:40 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Hi BinSabai

I have a friend who works for Thai in the ROP membership department and she shared this information with me about six months ago
Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I still wonder how many got these cards by really flying the status miles? more than half?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.