Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

772 old vs 77W new J - what is better for a daytime flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG

Hi all
I'm taking TG 466 MEL-BKK next week in J. Looking at Flight radar, its been operated by a 772 about 50% of the time, and a 77W the other 50% of the time the last few weeks.

I've flown TG 772 J loads of times and really like the layout for day-time flights. Yes its dreadful for sleeping but its very spacious for daytime flights, with heaps of personal space. I usually nap for an hour on a daytime flight and watch movies, eat/drink the rest of the time.

I've flown the TG A380 J and found that while it is fully-flat, that is done at the sacrifice of a LOT of personal space and I felt quite boxed-in. I'm not a big fan of all the walls.

For those who have flown the new 77W J seat, did you like it for a daytime flight where you didn't want really want to sleep? Would you prefer the 772?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
even for the day time flight I would prefer the 77W by far over the 772 because
- more privacy
- much larger screen
- USB
- bigger pitch
- functionality of the seat
- more overhead bin space

the width of the seat seems to be pretty similar, that you have less personal space is a illusion. boxed in? well avoid the seats in A and K then and take the ones towards the island (B, D, G, J); also avoid the "honeymoon seats" (E, F) if you traveling alone unless...you know what I mean
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by smit0847
'm taking TG 466 MEL-BKK next week in J. Looking at Flight radar, its been operated by a 772 about 50% of the time, and a 77W the other 50% of the time the last few weeks.

For those who have flown the new 77W J seat, did you like it for a daytime flight where you didn't want really want to sleep? Would you prefer the 772?
Aren't you kind of stuck with whichever aircraft shows at the gate?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:22 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
Aren't you kind of stuck with whichever aircraft shows at the gate?
he would like to know whether he should be happy or angry once at the gate or entering the bird!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.