Wiki Posts
Search

Special food in Y long haul

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBS
Special food in Y long haul

Last time I flew TG long haul, I was a little bit disappointed about the food in Economy. Strangely most on the flights from BKK.
Now I am flying CPH-BKK-CPH, and are considering to order their seafood.
Has anyone recommendation about this?..to do or not to do, that's the question
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:33 am

I have ordered the seafood meal on short haul intra-Asian flights in Y a couple of times. Usually it is western style meal with fried fish that is sort of mushy underneath some sort of cream sauce, accompanied by bland veggies. A couple of times there was a rather oily mixed seafood stir fry (prawns, fish, squid and not a lot of it) together with boiled green beans and mashed potatoes.

All in all, it will not be of any higher quality or tastier than the normal Y class fare, except that it will be seafood. At least to my taste, TG catering is very much sub-par when compared to other *A carriers and has gone farther downhill over the last several years. For short haul flights, I just dine before I board the flight and skip the "meal" that they offer, or else pack something to snack on during the flight. Obviously those may not be feasible suggestions for a long haul flight such as yours.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBS
thanks for your reply, even that you are writing about short haul flights, it gave me some impression.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by tookay
I have ordered the seafood meal on short haul intra-Asian flights in Y a couple of times. Usually it is western style meal with fried fish that is sort of mushy underneath some sort of cream sauce, accompanied by bland veggies. A couple of times there was a rather oily mixed seafood stir fry (prawns, fish, squid and not a lot of it) together with boiled green beans and mashed potatoes.

All in all, it will not be of any higher quality or tastier than the normal Y class fare, except that it will be seafood. At least to my taste, TG catering is very much sub-par when compared to other *A carriers and has gone farther downhill over the last several years. For short haul flights, I just dine before I board the flight and skip the "meal" that they offer, or else pack something to snack on during the flight. Obviously those may not be feasible suggestions for a long haul flight such as yours.

Is it with white creamy sauce? It got same food from bkk catering even sin-bkk flight. The only thing i like is the "salad" normally tuna salad rather than carrots and cucumber for normal food.

Aome ahort haul dlight, the catering is from bkk. Hkg-bkk has caterer from hkg
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by lingua101
Is it with white creamy sauce? It got same food from bkk catering even sin-bkk flight. The only thing i like is the "salad" normally tuna salad rather than carrots and cucumber for normal food.

Aome ahort haul dlight, the catering is from bkk. Hkg-bkk has caterer from hkg
Yes, the white creamy sauce. I have had it on a couple of segments, including HKG-BKK. From its appearance (I didn't eat it), it may well have been catered in BKK and left in the oven for hours. Really would have been better if they had just left out the "cream sauce", as it only served to create a greasy mush of the fried fish underneath it.

For short haul flights, if I do not take along my own food, I have been dining before boarding and then ordering the raw vegetable platter (sort of a simple crudité) to avoid the nearly inedible hot meals. Makes for a nice, healthy snack anyway.

Last edited by tookay; Nov 29, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.