Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Bored of LH Senator Lounge while flying to BKK go and try AC Maple Leaf Lounge.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bored of LH Senator Lounge while flying to BKK go and try AC Maple Leaf Lounge.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG*Gold
Thumbs up Bored of LH Senator Lounge while flying to BKK go and try AC Maple Leaf Lounge.

Bored of LH Senator Lounge while flying to BKK? Go and try AC Maple Leaf Lounge at FRA Airport. I went first to Senator but there was one big chaos and many people trying to find an empty seat. Then I decided to try Air Canada Lounge and surprise.... it was totally empty. I think this is the best lounge for TG flyers flying on evening TG923.

http://www.phrasuthon.pl/air-canada-lounge-fra/

^
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by phrasuthon
Bored of LH Senator Lounge while flying to BKK? Go and try AC Maple Leaf Lounge at FRA Airport. I went first to Senator but there was one big chaos and many people trying to find an empty seat. Then I decided to try Air Canada Lounge and surprise.... it was totally empty. I think this is the best lounge for TG flyers flying on evening TG923.

http://www.phrasuthon.pl/air-canada-lounge-fra/

^
I agree. I was taken there by the TG concierge when I flew F last summer and was pleasantly surprised. The offerings are broadly comparable (although not identical) to those of the LH non-Schengen SEN lounge in B but the AC lounge is quieter especially for the evening TG flight when there are no longer any AC departure (I was on the afternoon flight but even then the AC lounge was quiet although it may also partly be because fewer people are aware of the existence of the lounge).
Old Nov 20, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I'll be taking the TG923 flight next month. Is the departure gate closer to the AC lounge?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Most of the time Thai Airways takes left leg of B area (B43-B48) like on that map but last time my TG923 was departed from other side B23. AC Lounge is closer to (B43-B48). To get there after passport control go to the left, walk upstairs and follow the signs Air Canada Maple Leaf.

Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:14 pm

Oh that would be great! And where is the (closest) Senator lounge located?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Edit:
map:
"S" - Senator lounge,
"B" - Business lounge
"F" - First and HON Lounge,
"I" - Information desk

this map i took from LH, FRA websites. I just put AC and TG on that map for better explanation.

Last edited by phrasuthon; Nov 22, 2014 at 2:22 am
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:31 am

Ah ok! Is it also on the upper level like the AC lounge? I'll probably be able to check out both if they're nearby
Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:05 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
IMHO food is marginally better in SEN. Of course there is nothing that would stop you from visiting both lounges
Old Nov 21, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
What is the I on the map?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:00 pm

Programs: SQ KF *S, TG ROP *P
if you are a smoker, you will be better in LH lounges....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.