Wiki Posts
Search

SAS or

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBD
SAS or

Hello, as a long time SAS EuroBonus (and Gold) customer, I now face a travel pattern with at least 8 (likely more) Business Class Europe-Asia round trips a year with Thai.

Would there be any advantages/disadvantages to switch from EuroBonus to Thai ROP program? (Home airport is Oslo)

Last edited by Jon222; Nov 5, 2014 at 2:10 pm
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
with such a number of flights per year you could get TG Platinum member with first class lounge access in BKK even when flying Economy and one roundtrip upgrade (for example Oslo-BKK-Oslo from J to F) for every 50k miles flown
I am not familiar with SAS program so I can not compare
Old Nov 6, 2014, 4:16 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
it makes much sense to join Royal Orchid Plus from your first flight onward as you will be able to claim free upgrades (when reaching Gold Status after 50k miles within one year) even in case if you don't qualify for Platinum.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 7:32 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Flyertalk rules require that questions be posted in only one place. As you started a thread in the SAS board first, we'll close this one and allow viewers to link to the earlier one.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1626438

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.