Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2014, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite
W14 changes -CPH/ARN-HKT

Not good:

http://airlineroute.net/2014/08/31/tg-arncph-w14/

Operated by 777 rather than 77W and no more C class (C class sold Prem. Economy)

I just checked my award booking in I class. Downgraded to Y class

Edit 14 Sept.. TG CPH/ARN-HKT (TG 953 and 963) + TG BKK-CPH/ARN (TG 952 and 962) are back to 77W. C class is also back on these TG flights ^

http://airlineroute.net/2014/09/11/tg-w14update4/

Last edited by SK AAR; Sep 14, 2014 at 2:55 am
Old Aug 31, 2014, 11:08 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Why do they do this 'sell business as premium economy' in these 2 markets does anyone know? Would pretty much be the best premium economy product in the world!
Old Aug 31, 2014, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by travelislife
Why do they do this 'sell business as premium economy' in these 2 markets does anyone know? Would pretty much be the best premium economy product in the world!
Be course there is a big marked for it. It started with the old 747 where they change Silk to PE from CPH and ARN. PE from CPH and ARN is always full.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelislife
Why do they do this 'sell business as premium economy' in these 2 markets does anyone know?
Because Scandinavia has a limited market for C class. Rather than struggling to fill 42 C seats on the 77W (it was even more seats during the days of B742) with most likely significant discounts or many upgrades, apparently it makes sense to offer 18 seats as prem. economy (with economy service mind you!) at a lower price and sell the remaing 24 seats as C class without significant discounts (CPH-BKK r/t is around USD 4,200 but discounted to USD 3,400 during low season; Y+ is around USD 2,300)
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:34 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
I have an award booking BKK-CPH (avianca lifemiles) and my booking has changed to Premium Economy....of course Avianca says Thai made this change and I need to contact them. I am sure Thai will say the same, that I need to contact Avianca as its on their Ticket stock.

As I know the seats are the C Class seats. But what about the service? Do I get the economy meals....? Lounge access?
Its difficult for a rerouting as there is high season (4th of January 2014).
I can not find any I inventory.....
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:07 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
premium economy is just a better seat (in above case a much better seat!), all other is like economy. no priority check in/fast track, no lounge access (unless you are *A Gold), economy class meal and drinks
Old Oct 3, 2015, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Changes to W16 operations, CPH/ARN-HKT

TG did it again for W16 (and this time the change appears to be for real; not like last year, cfr my initial post above)

http://airlineroute.net/2015/09/18/tg-w15update2/

From 1FEB TG 952/953 and TG962/963 are now operated by B777-200ER rather than B77W and no more C class (C class seats on B777-200ER sold as Prem. Economy/U class) - so for these flights only Economy and Prem. Economy available.

From 11DEC to 31JAN TG952/953 and TG962/963 are operated with B747-400 rather than B77W. C class is available, so presumably C class pax will be seated in F cabin and U class pax in C seats on the B747-400

No changes to TG950/951 and TG960/961 which are still operated by B77W.

Check your award bookings for TG 952/953 + TG962/963 if in I class after 1FEB. Most likely downgraded to M class like last year (however last year all B77W was reinstated after 2 weeks )
Old Oct 4, 2015, 2:13 am

Programs: BRK-B
Originally Posted by BinSabai
premium economy is just a better seat (in above case a much better seat!), all other is like economy. no priority check in/fast track, no lounge access (unless you are *A Gold), economy class meal and drinks
There is one U/CL check in counter in BKK, next to ROP GOLD. In ARN, if you are *GOLD, you get fast track. There are welcome drink and hot towel offered in U/CL. The table set-up is similar to C/CL, and there are 3 options of main meal rather than 2 in Y/CL or 4 in C/CL.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:44 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by SK AAR
TG did it again for W16 (and this time the change appears to be for real; not like last year, cfr my initial post above)

http://airlineroute.net/2015/09/18/tg-w15update2/

From 1FEB TG 952/953 and TG962/963 are now operated by B777-200ER rather than B77W and no more C class (C class seats on B777-200ER sold as Prem. Economy/U class) - so for these flights only Economy and Prem. Economy available.

From 11DEC to 31JAN TG952/953 and TG962/963 are operated with B747-400 rather than B77W. C class is available, so presumably C class pax will be seated in F cabin and U class pax in C seats on the B747-400

No changes to TG950/951 and TG960/961 which are still operated by B77W.

Check your award bookings for TG 952/953 + TG962/963 if in I class after 1FEB. Most likely downgraded to M class like last year (however last year all B77W was reinstated after 2 weeks )
well, these four seasonal flights (2 ARN-Phuket, 2 CPH-Phuket) are clearly aiming at Scandinavian tourists and TG clearly doesn't see the need for a real Biz-class product on these flights and therefore can "downgrade" the equipment co another product compared to the daily nonstop flights between BKK and CPH/STO....
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
well, these four seasonal flights (2 ARN-Phuket, 2 CPH-Phuket) are clearly aiming at Scandinavian tourists and TG clearly doesn't see the need for a real Biz-class product on these flights and therefore can "downgrade" the equipment co another product compared to the daily nonstop flights between BKK and CPH/STO....
another indication that TG has not done it's homework in market research. There are nowadays so many wealthy tourists from Europe booking J or even F to have something equivalent during their flight to their 500 USD+ per night suite in one of the many luxury hotels in Phuket...
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
Strange that you can fly from some European airports on a B747 and get a slightly inferior seat (depending on 747 config) and they call it business class, yet if you fly from Scandinavia on the 772ER with a slightly better business seat and they call it PE!

It worked when they were flying the very old (and thankfully departed) 747 config with recliners in biz/PE but it doesn't make any sense now with the products they offer.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
(Quote Bin Sabai:
another indication that TG has not done it's homework in market research. There are nowadays so many wealthy tourists from Europe booking J or even F to have something equivalent during their flight to their 500 USD+ per night suite in one of the many luxury hotels in Phuket... )

you may be right when it concerns continental Europe and UK, but Scandinavia definitely is different - there is hardly any demand for real Premium F/C-class out of Scandinavia (what also EK has realized as they will bring their first 600+seats A380 to CPH as first destination besides BKK)

and:
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Strange that you can fly from some European airports on a B747 and get a slightly inferior seat (depending on 747 config) and they call it business class, yet if you fly from Scandinavia on the 772ER with a slightly better business seat and they call it PE!

It worked when they were flying the very old (and thankfully departed) 747 config with recliners in biz/PE but it doesn't make any sense now with the products they offer.
wait and see: it will perfectly work with the B744 when they will sell the "regular" C-class with its 40 170-angle seats as Premium-Eco and 9 F-Suites or 10 older F-seats as Biz-Class......
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
wait and see: it will perfectly work with the B744 when they will sell the "regular" C-class with its 40 170-angle seats as Premium-Eco and 9 F-Suites or 10 older F-seats as Biz-Class......
I doubt this will happen! J suites! let's dream!
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
I doubt this will happen! J suites! let's dream!
That is what Thai did for years from ARN/CPH/OSL. They sold first as business and business as premium economy. So when you booked business you got the first class seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.