Wiki Posts
Search

Compensation delayed luggage?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF P, BA G, A3 *G, EK G
Compensation delayed luggage?

I was originally booked prg-muc-BKK-pen(LH,tg,tg) respectively. I was told my LH flight would Be delayed and I would miss my connection to BKK. So they rerouted my vie-BKK-pen (OS,OS,TG).

Upon arrival only one of my three bags had arrived. My flight home was not until two morning later but by that point only one more bag had arrived. I had come to PEN to deliver these bags and can not leave until I do so. I have had to rebook once already and am waiting to the end of the night ad will have to rebook my return again if the bag is not here.

Is there any compensation I am entitled to and which airline am I suppose to be contacting since I don't know which one lost it and they have no trace of where it is along the route.

I have been working with thai in BKK but Beyond the second of three arriving they have no clue.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:44 pm

In the case of lost/delayed luggage you always have to deal with the last carrier.

TG right?

Well, I have a story to tell long timne ago. I arrived at FRA without my bags and rung TG office from home. When I complained about the delayed suitcase I was asked: "Are you travelling a lot?" I AM A GOLD MEMEBR! "Then get used to it. It will happen more often again."

By the way. I am not gold anymore.....
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fan2502
In the case of lost/delayed luggage you always have to deal with the last carrier.

TG right?

Well, I have a story to tell long timne ago. I arrived at FRA without my bags and rung TG office from home. When I complained about the delayed suitcase I was asked: "Are you travelling a lot?" I AM A GOLD MEMEBR! "Then get used to it. It will happen more often again."

By the way. I am not gold anymore.....
That's terrible and does not give me much hope. I will go to the TG office at the airport today.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
any update what happened and how TG handled it?
Old Aug 6, 2014, 5:02 am
Original Poster

So far they gave me 100usd and the bag is still missing. I am looking into further compensation as per the Warsaw Convention. Can't find any real clear cut answers so if anyone has a cue as to further compensation I would like to maximize this. Not only did it inconvenience me, leave me in Penang for 8 days as opposed to my original 4, numerous rebooking and countless trips to the TG office in Penang but also caused my company great commercial impact.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Sorry to hear your plight.
Unfortunately, delayed bags happen frequently, especially with a complex itin involving several airlines. TG is the last carrier so you should indeed claim the missing bags with them, even if they might not feel highly responsible on a PRG-VIE-BKK-PEN where they only operated the last short segment. But rules are rules.

In case of delayed luggage you are entitled to purchase essential items that you need. You need to provide receipts and the maximum amount is around 1,200EUR (1,131SDR) if the airline is very nice with you and you can demonstrate the urgent need of the items. After 21 days, your bag is deemed lost and you can claim reimbursement of items in the bag. You will need to provide receipts and the maximum set by the Montreal convention is 1,131SDR. Any money already paid for essentials come in deduction of that amount.

it is unclear why you decided to stay in Penang to wait for your bags. They would have been forwarded to your final destination. TG or OS are in no way liable for the cost of your extended stay in Penang. Many pax, especially business pax going from one city to another during a business trip, experience it daily and get their missing bag back home.

When your bag is delayed on an itin with a single airline, that airline might add a goodwill gesture of crediting some miles to your FFP or a cash voucher (apparently you already got 100USD which is a goodwill gesture). But on a complex itin with several airlines, that is unlikely.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

The bag was not of personal effects... I was delivering product to a customer which is the reason why I could not leave without clearing customs as the luggage was in my name. This would be the reason for the extended stay in PEN. The bags final destination was PEN and not back home with me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.