Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Airways outlook weakens.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
see a very new recent CAPA analysis (dated 19.Aug) with an even more critical outlook:
http://centreforaviation.com/analysi...sential-182850

and a recent evaluation found in "the Nation online":
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/busi...-30241428.html
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
see a very new recent CAPA analysis (dated 19.Aug) with an even more critical outlook:
http://centreforaviation.com/analysi...sential-182850

and a recent evaluation found in "the Nation online":
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/busi...-30241428.html
great article from the centre for aviation, I have to agree that the move of Thai Smile to Don Muang was utterly absurd and very short sighted.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:47 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
These military guys that are taking over TG should be given a honeymoon period. However, do I think the move from BKK to DMK makes sense for Thai Smile? Absolutely NOT!

Phase out the 744, cut LAX, and put the money in either Nok Air or Thai Smile. I don't understand having two LCCs. As they say, TIT (this is Thailand). Some things, better to not even ask.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Interesting article, full of common sense.

I understand that TG owns 40% of Nok Air. Who are the other owners and who has actual control of Nok?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:18 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by brunos

I understand that TG owns 40% of Nok Air. Who are the other owners and who has actual control of Nok?
Krung Thai bank also has shares of Nok Air, if my memory serves correctly.

SQ and Nok will also form NokScoot.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by gemini573

I believe a chunk of Nok is held privately.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 8:17 pm

Don't forget the Thai mentality that if there are fewer customers you need to increase the price to make up the loss rather than reduce the price to attract more people.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Brisman33
Don't forget the Thai mentality that if there are fewer customers you need to increase the price to make up the loss rather than reduce the price to attract more people.
So, so, so, so true.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 1:19 am

Programs: ROP *G
Is there any possibility of us, aka Thai airways most loyal customers and high status customers TG*G and TG*P, go to Thai airways HQ in BKK and voluntarily donate our time and inputs/opinions in order to put Thai airways back where it used to be in the top and most importantly to them more profitable?

Any chance our opinion would be heard/implemented? Perhaps we could set forth a date and have a conference meeting with people who are in charge of this mess somehow?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 1:27 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Let's hope those responsible for safety are not the same people who are responsible for some of these decisions of late.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 1:57 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G
Originally Posted by gemini573
Originally Posted by brunos

http://www.nokair.com/contents/about_nokair/shareholders/en-US/index.html

TG is largest holder at 39.2 %.

Krung Thai controls the 10 % stake of "Aviation Investment International Limited", which TG has tried to buy before. But Krung Thai didn't want to sell.

The CEO holds 4 % himself.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 2:03 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G
Originally Posted by Mchamp
Is there any possibility of us, aka Thai airways most loyal customers and high status customers TG*G and TG*P, go to Thai airways HQ in BKK and voluntarily donate our time and inputs/opinions in order to put Thai airways back where it used to be in the top and most importantly to them more profitable?

Any chance our opinion would be heard/implemented? Perhaps we could set forth a date and have a conference meeting with people who are in charge of this mess somehow?
If you get some Thai influential people on board maybe you have a chance. Otherwise I think not
Old Aug 23, 2014, 2:53 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond

Are you Thai? Well, you might have a remote chance.

Are you farang? Not even a remote chance.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Are you Thai? Well, you might have a remote chance.

Are you farang? Not even a remote chance.
If Thai you might have a remote chance with if Hi-So and with influential friends. Otherwise, even then, not a chance.

You beat me to it though.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by hco
http://www.nokair.com/contents/about_nokair/shareholders/en-US/index.html

TG is largest holder at 39.2 %.

Krung Thai controls the 10 % stake of "Aviation Investment International Limited", which TG has tried to buy before. But Krung Thai didn't want to sell.

The CEO holds 4 % himself.
Thanks
And Krung Thai is also state-controlled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.