Wiki Posts
Search

CDG Lost or "Delayed" Luggage on TG930

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2014, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
CDG Lost or "Delayed" Luggage on TG930

My wife and I traveled on TG930 (BKK-CDG) as F pax over 2 weeks ago. We then connected on LH to YYZ and finally AC to DFW. Unfortunately, neither piece of luggage arrived with us in DFW, so I began to backtrack with each airline. I reached out to the director of customer service at TG and she communicated that the luggage was offloaded TG930 at CDG but never loaded onto the LH flight and they were working to get it returned to me. Our luggage then sat in CDG for 2 weeks as they continued to "search" for it. Finally, it shows up at our house 2 weeks later with all original baggage tags still attached! This was a lot of clothes as it had been a 2 week holiday. Any idea if TG will offer an F pax compensation for the inconvenience and incompetence of its CDG bag handlers?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:03 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
The notorious CDG baggage loss.

I had a similar experience. I would blame LH. If TG offloaded it in a timely manner it should be the responsibility of the next carrier to ensure luggage is loaded.

LH compensated me but my bags were only 2 days late.

In theory you could have claimed for all your luggage as I think normally they only get a few days until it is declared lost.

You are entitled to some form of compensation for sure.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
With such a multi-airline itin (4 destinations CDG-FRA-YYZ-DFW and 3 airlines TG, LH and AC), it is very difficult to know where your bag went. You are guessing that they sat in CDG for 2 weeks, but that is hard to prove. They could have been sent to some other airports and taken a complicated run. It is not clear how TG can know that they were not loaded on LH at CDG. Might be just a face-saving guess.
All baggage handlers are airport employees. TG only has a luggage representative who attends to missing bags. If your bags were offloaded in CDG and simply sat there, the TG representative should have found them. That can happen when the tags are destroyed, but that was apparently not the case. With the tag, a bag can usually be swiftly located.

Regarding compensation, a bag is usually deemed lost after 21 days, so you have no chance there. What you could have claimed is the purchase of essentials. But as you seem to return home, that is often difficult.
The last airline you flew (AC) is responsible for the missing bag, not TG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.