Wiki Posts
Search

"Malformed Seat Position"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2014, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
"Malformed Seat Position"

Has anyone seen this error message before?

TG changed my window 2A seat on an A380 FRA-BKK and BKK-FRA flight to an aisle seat. Maybe due to a VIP's request?

Anyway, when I go online to re-select an available window seat, the entry field is greyed out and says "Malformed Seat Position" and that I should view the aircraft before selecting a seat. .

To be sure, they've changed nearly every single one of my seats on my itinerary (BKK-SIN, SIN-BKK, etc.) due to equipment swap, but as those are short flights, meh. The priority is obviously the F seat on the 380.

I've emailed TG in FRA to see if they can fix the situation, but in the meantime, can anyone shed light as to why I cannot make the changes online myself? Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2014, 11:33 pm
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Originally Posted by yqtyyz
Has anyone seen this error message before?

TG changed my window 2A seat on an A380 FRA-BKK and BKK-FRA flight to an aisle seat. Maybe due to a VIP's request?

Anyway, when I go online to re-select an available window seat, the entry field is greyed out and says "Malformed Seat Position" and that I should view the aircraft before selecting a seat. .

To be sure, they've changed nearly every single one of my seats on my itinerary (BKK-SIN, SIN-BKK, etc.) due to equipment swap, but as those are short flights, meh. The priority is obviously the F seat on the 380.

I've emailed TG in FRA to see if they can fix the situation, but in the meantime, can anyone shed light as to why I cannot make the changes online myself? Thanks!
Frustrating... especially when you're looking forward to a particular flight. This may have something to do with the announcement appearing on the iCheck-in page: Thaiairways is currently undergoing a System Check-in during February - August 2014, it may have an impact in the check-in of some flight. Company apologizes for any inconvenience caused.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks, hgp for providing that extra information.

I'll simply wait for TG's FRA rep's answer. In the end, I'll still enjoy the F experience (window or not).

Originally Posted by hgp
Frustrating... especially when you're looking forward to a particular flight. This may have something to do with the announcement appearing on the iCheck-in page: Thaiairways is currently undergoing a System Check-in during February - August 2014, it may have an impact in the check-in of some flight. Company apologizes for any inconvenience caused.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Happy to update that TG's reps in FRA have resolved the situation. They have been very helpful over the past 6 months with respect to the multiple involuntary re-allocations.

That said, I'm now going to log in and see if that really is true.

Ah well, the seat position is still malformed, whatever that means, but my requested seats have been selected.

Last edited by yqtyyz; Jul 8, 2014 at 1:08 pm Reason: Addtional comment added
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:05 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by yqtyyz
Ah well, the seat position is still malformed, whatever that means, but my requested seats have been selected.
so did you get back your window seat?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Yes, thankfully. All my re requested seats were A or K. Online seat selection is still not possible, but I'm in 2A or 3A. Can't wait for next week.

Originally Posted by BinSabai
so did you get back your window seat?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.