Search

[ROP] Cash + Miles Redemption Promo

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2014, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, MR, Aeroplan, UAMP, BAEC
[ROP] Cash + Miles Redemption Promo

HAI Award Tickets with Cash Plus Miles
http://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/pla...us_miles.page?
- booking and travel from 14 May to 30 September 2014
Old May 20, 2014, 4:36 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
no business class = crap deal
Old May 20, 2014, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
no business class = crap deal
Ah, the traditional at hoi polloi flying coach. It's a miracle that millions of people do this every year, isn't it?

$100 USD + 27,500 miles to go BKK-Australia round trip doesn't sound horrible to me, but what do I know, I'm such a plebian that I've flown to Europe from the West Coast of the USA multiple times without business class.
Old May 20, 2014, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Ah, the traditional at hoi polloi flying coach. It's a miracle that millions of people do this every year, isn't it?

$100 USD + 27,500 miles to go BKK-Australia round trip doesn't sound horrible to me, but what do I know, I'm such a plebian that I've flown to Europe from the West Coast of the USA multiple times without business class.
It's actually $275 (9000 Baht) + 27,500 miles and you likely missed *Tax and surcharges are not included which probably add up to an additional few $x00. Taxes and surcharges for a paid ticket come in at $420 (13,600 B) and that;s if TG doesn't follow the awful practice of charging more taxes etc for an award ticket.
Old May 20, 2014, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by dsquared37
It's actually $275 (9000 Baht) + 27,500 miles and you likely missed *Tax and surcharges are not included which probably add up to an additional few $x00. Taxes and surcharges for a paid ticket come in at $420 (13,600 B) and that;s if TG doesn't follow the awful practice of charging more taxes etc for an award ticket.
Ah, that changes things a bit.
Old May 20, 2014, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Ah, that changes things a bit.
Lol. Dsquared has it right. This deal is such an incredie waste of points. The cost of the ticket is avout the same as buying a normal fare. Its always better value to redeem in business
Old May 20, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
Lol. Dsquared has it right. This deal is such an incredie waste of points. The cost of the ticket is avout the same as buying a normal fare. Its always better value to redeem in business
Taking BKK-SYD as an example.

Purchasing a fare outright is 26500 B ($820).

In the above C&P scenario it would cost 9000 B + 16500* B in taxes which would bring the total to 25500. A whopping 1000 B savings in lieu of 27,500 pts.

*These are the additional taxes/fees on a paid ticket.
Old May 20, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Economy awards are only worth it at peak travel times like over Christmas/New Years out of Aus. I just ticketed a MEL-BKK-SGN//SGN-BKK//BKK-MEL economy ticket at the taxes and surcharges were $561. Probably not the greatest use of points but revenue tickets for the same are around the $1700 mark over that period.
Old May 20, 2014, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelislife
Economy awards are only worth it at peak travel times like over Christmas/New Years out of Aus. I just ticketed a MEL-BKK-SGN//SGN-BKK//BKK-MEL economy ticket at the taxes and surcharges were $561. Probably not the greatest use of points but revenue tickets for the same are around the $1700 mark over that period.
Perhaps those times might be good for TG Y awards, however the numbers show that this P&C garbage is never worth it.
Old May 20, 2014, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Perhaps those times might be good for TG Y awards, however the numbers show that this P&C garbage is never worth it.
Exactly what I was alluding to. For the ibfo of eponymous_coward I do fly economy (occasionally)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.