Wiki Posts
Search

Online Seat Selection now Available!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2013, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold

It appears that online seat selection is now available through a 'modify' button when looking at your itinerary through Thai's check my booking portal. A welcome change and a long time coming, hopefully it works and reflects across the system properly!
Old Dec 24, 2013, 3:37 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Do you mean in Y?
Old Dec 24, 2013, 3:44 am
Original Poster

I have a J booking and can do it, not sure about Y.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Nice. Finally.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold

Y can be done as well. I have a Y, a few J's, and a F! All can be managed. However special
Meal seems to screw up on the new system. Worthwhile to note that if your itinerary is involved with OZ and LH, you can seem to manage the seat assignments.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 6:07 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Looks like I could even select seats for an Asiana flight that is on the same ticket as the Thai Airways flight. Didn't work for an NH flight in October 2014...
Old Dec 24, 2013, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

It should work for other airlines on Amadeus, but not other booking systems.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
even with an award ticket from another airline...

Finally found the route on-line from a United award on Thai to seat assignment without calling. As this thread notes, you can now choose seats IF you have the Thai record locator number. However, that number isn't passed to United when an award is booked through UA. But from another thread on pre-selecting meals, I noted that web site asks for locator number OR ticket number. I stuck in the UA ticket number and it took me to the site for meal selection AND displayed the Thai locator number. Took that back to the seat selection site and choose seats. So, a bit convoluted (since it would be nice if the Thai Check Booking also took the ticket number), but success in any case.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 1:22 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I just booked 1st week of May for HKT-BKK-CDG in J and I was able to select BKK-CDG on the 380 fine. It says that HKT-BKK is a 747 but at this time cannot book the seat selection in advance.

Do they sometimes change the airplane on this if the load isn't there based on seasons?
Old Dec 26, 2013, 2:51 am
Original Poster

No advance seat selection on domestic flights.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:51 pm
soy

Programs: various
a welcome, if long overdue improvement
Old Dec 30, 2013, 1:54 pm

FYI, I booked TG First with UA miles and found my LH reservation number, but no TG number. I entered my LH reservation number on the TG Website and it was able to find my reservation to pick seats.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by hamburglar
FYI, I booked TG First with UA miles and found my LH reservation number, but no TG number. I entered my LH reservation number on the TG Website and it was able to find my reservation to pick seats.
LH and TG now both use Amadeus. The PNR will be the same for all airlines using Amadeus.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Had no problem doing this for my upcoming flights in March. Was able to see the earlier part of the itinerary that's on OZ (JFK - ICN - NRT) and was able to see and select seats for the TG portion (NRT - BKK - SYD).

I didn't touch my NRT - BKK seat which had already been assigned but I decided to move my BKK - SYD seat from 2A to 1A on the 747 and had no problem doing so (still showing 9 seat configuration so crossing my fingers it stays that way and I get the new F)
Old Jan 8, 2014, 7:56 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Can anyone provide a link? I tried several Thai "sites" but nothing with the modify button that was alluded to in the first post.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.