Wiki Posts
Search

First Class TG640 & TG677

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist

After browsing and reading a lot of posts here regarding TG640 & TG677, it is my impression that the BKK-NRT-BKK flight in First class doesn’t receive the usual long-haul amenities such as eye shades, slippers and pajamas? And there is only served a light dinner. Is this correct?

On TG's website they advertise:
The quality of hospitality and exclusive facilities offered to our honored Royal First Class guests is exceptional in every regard. On flights lasting six hours or more, comfort wear, consisting of eye shades, slippers and pajamas are provided. On flights four hours or more, a beautiful tailored travel kit is offered.

Inside are a range of top-brand toiletries including such items as Evian Natural Mineral spray, lip balm, socks, a toothbrush set, comb and eye shade. The softest blankets and pillows finest linen, porcelain and crystal.

TG640 are schedualed flight time of 06h. and 10 min. and TG677 of 06h. and 30 min.

Thanks for any answers ^
Old Jul 4, 2012, 11:57 pm

I was on TG641 NRT-BKK in F about 10 months ago and neither got a pajama nor caviar. Not that I can't live without these items but I find it unfair of TG to promote full service in F for flights exceeding 6 hours when they in fact only offer a light service. Would love to hear an official statement regarding this.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks for that answer! I find it strange to... Especially on the overnight flight a pajamas would be nice...
I will send a request to TG's Copenhagen office addressing this issue. Just to get an official answer.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NicoEBG
Thanks for that answer! I find it strange to... Especially on the overnight flight a pajamas would be nice...
I will send a request to TG's Copenhagen office addressing this issue. Just to get an official answer.
The TG sales office in Copenhagen has now asked for an official statement from TG headquarters regarding the service, as the flight is indeed scheduled at 06+ h. What they knew of there should indeed be full service on the flight including pajamas and a full meal service with a second sank or breakfast service. So let’s see....
Old Jul 6, 2012, 12:41 am

Thanks for asking TG. Please let us know what the answer is. Cheers
Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Data point, FWIW: Last year I flew NRT-BKK-NRT in F on the 77W and received full F service.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:08 am

Programs: HHon Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TG Gold, QR Plat, OZ Gold, AF Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Priority Pass

I flew this exact route (640 and 677) back in Nay, tried in vain to get PJs and didn't get any. Pretty poor for a redeye!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 5:44 am
soy

Programs: various
Recently travelled BKK-NRT-BKK in F on TG 640 & 641 , no PJ's and no caviar.
Despite the 6hr rule on the www, they do not consider this route as full F service.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Data point, FWIW: Last year I flew NRT-BKK-NRT in F on the 77W and received full F service.
Interesting.
What do you include in "full F service"?

Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:46 pm
spk

Programs: TG*G
I think the key is whether they refer to flight time or block time. The block time is over 6 hour but actual flight time will be shorter.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
I flew BKK-HND and NRT-BKK in F sometime in the Feb-Apr range. I can verify that there was no caviar or PJ's. I had planned on changing after takeoff on the BKK-HND leg and requested PJ's and was told none had been loaded. We got the normal F amenity kits.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by NicoEBG
Interesting. What do you include in "full F service"?
PJs (including eyeshades, slippers, etc.), standard TG bedding (such as it is, -- my usual ride is CX, and TG bedding doesn't compare), toiletries kit, full catering. I didn't feel as though anything was missing.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:11 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
PJs (including eyeshades, slippers, etc.), standard TG bedding (such as it is, -- my usual ride is CX, and TG bedding doesn't compare), toiletries kit, full catering. I didn't feel as though anything was missing.
This is a full service First route, about the only thing I can,t confirm is pjs, as I carry my own.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by spk
I think the key is whether they refer to flight time or block time. The block time is over 6 hour but actual flight time will be shorter.
This might be true, and if so then it is pretty misleading because which passenger is aware of the difference between flight time and block time?
Still curious about the official answer from TG in BKK.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
I think we have agreed base on my and everyone's experience on NRT-BKK-NRT, it is full service minus PJ (we already establish they have eyeshades, slippers, amenity kit but no PJ top and PJ bottom) and caviar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.