Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKT-BKK

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2012, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

HKT-BKK

How reliable is the schedule in terms of what aircraft will be used? Does TG swap planes often?
Old May 15, 2012, 10:21 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
TG switches planes a fair bit (as does CX, & others). You cannot be 100% sure what you will get until you board, although swap outs are not quite as rife as some would have you believe.
Old May 15, 2012, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
The domestic schedule doesn't suffer many a/c switches in my experience.

Originally Posted by NoY
.....although swap outs are not quite as rife as some would have you believe.
I'm in agreement on this.

On most recent UA itin 2 of 3 segments had an a/c swap within 8 hours of flight time. I've never had that happen with TG.
Old May 16, 2012, 2:48 am

i would agree that the chances of an a/c swap are low on this route. i fly it a few times a year. i don't think you'll get swapped from the 747 to the older A300. small chance you get swapped from 747-400 to the 747 all series. i try to avoid the A300 and don't really mind which 747 i get on that short route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.