Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

KTM - BKK - HKT on TG and PG. Transit and interlining?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2012, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat

Hi there. I wonder if someone could help.

I'm flying from KTM-BKK in TG business class arriving in BKK @ 18:15 and then departing @ 21:55 same day BKK-HKT with PG in economy.

I have 2 separate PNRs and want to know if TG and PG have an agreement for through check-in of baggage and boarding passes at KTM (I see on PG's website it may be possible from HKT but what about the other way around?) If not, I guess I have to get off the plane, collect baggage and check in at PG's domestic check-in? Can I avoid going through immigration twice?

Also, am I correct that I could not stay in BKK's international area and use TG's business class lounge - presumably that is only for business class departures and on *A metal? I understand PG has a domestic economy lounge I could use but I wonder if my priority pass card could help, but it seems their lounges are only for international departures?

thanks for your help
Old Mar 17, 2012, 6:45 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by rtwflyer
Hi there. I wonder if someone could help.

I'm flying from KTM-BKK in TG business class arriving in BKK @ 18:15 and then departing @ 21:55 same day BKK-HKT with PG in economy.

I have 2 separate PNRs and want to know if TG and PG have an agreement for through check-in of baggage and boarding passes at KTM (I see on PG's website it may be possible from HKT but what about the other way around?) If not, I guess I have to get off the plane, collect baggage and check in at PG's domestic check-in? Can I avoid going through immigration twice?

Also, am I correct that I could not stay in BKK's international area and use TG's business class lounge - presumably that is only for business class departures and on *A metal? I understand PG has a domestic economy lounge I could use but I wonder if my priority pass card could help, but it seems their lounges are only for international departures?

thanks for your help
Pretty sure there is an interline agreement however they are not obliged to through check your baggage etc. since you are on 2 seperate tickets. I'm sure if you ask at check-in however they will be able to help you out.

You cannot enter any of the TG lounges at BKK. Not sure about the priority pass.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
There is no priority pass lounge in the domestic concourses in BKK.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: Thai ROP Gold, BMI DC (RIP), Avios
I agree with the other posters.

The PG domestic lounge is OK, with light refreshments, Internet PC's and Wifi.

However, I think you will have to complete immigration formalities on your arival at BKK, but it seems you have plenty of time for that.

Regards, Graham
Old Mar 17, 2012, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat
Thank you all, for your replies. ^ I'll ask the TG agent in KTM about baggage. Worth asking, but as suspected it will be PG's lounge at BKK which I'm sure will be fine.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TG Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Should be doable. The KTM agents will generally tag the bags through on a different airline. you'll need to show the printed ticket. They won't be able to do boarding passes. YMMV always.

You still need to do immigration in BKK and get the boarding pass before immigration. There are PG counters that will help you with the boarding pass. Make sure you show them the baggage receipt and let them enter the baggage claim number into their system.

Lounge wise, you'll just have to use the domestic one. All international lounges are after transit security, and I doubt they'll let you pass with a domestic BP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.