Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Credit Card to Accumulate ROP Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:04 pm

Programs: ROP/G, *G, IHG Ambassador, HHonors G, 1865 Voyager, MP Gold
Speaking from my own experience (having the KTC ROP WorldMC, Amex ROP Plat, and Amex Plat Charge Card), KTC & Amex ROP are the two better choices for ROP miles. Purely on generic spending, KTC is best as it is THB20/ROP Miles, whereas Amex ROP is THB25/Amex (with potential 25% bonus as others have mentioned earlier). However, both periodically offers special campaigns on bonus miles based on spending targets. Lastly, for Amex ROP, you get double miles for bookings made on TG website.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:30 pm

Programs: AMEXROP, TG Gold, BAEC Gold, BD gold
Important for AmexThai card is that you only need half the miles to get Thai Gold Card, if you do not already have one.

If you buy biz or F ticket you can then redeem another on the same flights for 50% of miles.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:22 am
Original Poster

is it very difficult to get the amex THAI plat card? i do meet the minimum annual income requirement. i'm local as well.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by maximsilentfoot
is it very difficult to get the amex THAI plat card? i do meet the minimum annual income requirement. i'm local as well.
Not too difficult, in fact they can send a representative to see you in your home or office and they are fantastic,offering great service and its in their interest to ensure you get the card.

Give it a go.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Just to let you guys know got my AMEX thai plat card today, bkkman is spot on service was great, rep showed up at my office, took care of all docs and a little over a week later the card showed up!

also promotion now is pretty good, you can get a little over 10k miles without doing much at all in the first few months.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by maximsilentfoot
Just to let you guys know got my AMEX thai plat card today, bkkman is spot on service was great, rep showed up at my office, took care of all docs and a little over a week later the card showed up!

also promotion now is pretty good, you can get a little over 10k miles without doing much at all in the first few months.
Glad to hear that.

Also shows that there are some companies offering fantastic international standards of customer service here in Thailand and a great opportunity for other companies here, to embrace and inturn enjoy increased customer satisfaction and more importantly sales.

I see many companies, locally, spending big budgets on outdated marketing ideas and practices but giving big money to their cronies based on anything but performance. Sorry for the rant but it is true.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: LH M&M (SEN); TG ROP GOLD
Originally Posted by bkkman
Important for AmexThai card is that you only need half the miles to get Thai Gold Card, if you do not already have one.

If you buy biz or F ticket you can then redeem another on the same flights for 50% of miles.
Can you elaborate on how to achieve ROP Gold with half the miles with the TG AMEX please?
Old Feb 17, 2011, 7:00 pm

Programs: TG ROP Silver, UA M+ Prmier
All of the three credit card above have their pro's and con's

If you are financially suitable for 3++ Credit card, why not just own all of them?

Rabbz_Staralliance

Start from ROP, switch to UAMP, now flying the NH's newest seat on 767 and 77W!
Old Feb 17, 2011, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by lcy flyer
Can you elaborate on how to achieve ROP Gold with half the miles with the TG AMEX please?
Yes sure.

Amex Platinum offers Gold Card status for 25,000 qualifying miles in the first 12 months of membership.

It is a one off deal and is only available to new members for that first 12 months in which you need to fly 25,000 qualifying miles rather than the ususal 50,000,so a great deal if you dont have Gold Satus.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:09 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold
Originally Posted by bkkman
Yes sure.

Amex Platinum offers Gold Card status for 25,000 qualifying miles in the first 12 months of membership.

It is a one off deal and is only available to new members for that first 12 months in which you need to fly 25,000 qualifying miles rather than the ususal 50,000,so a great deal if you dont have Gold Satus.
This requires travel in J/C/F though correct? I don't believe Y is eligible...
Old Feb 18, 2011, 12:21 am

here is a summary of Thai Airways American Express Platinum card

(does "tongfah" mean "platinum" or "lt blue or sky gold"?)

http://www.americanexpress.com/thail.../benefit.shtml
Old Sep 6, 2012, 11:39 pm

KTC-ROP no longer do the 1:1 transfer.
I think there is no new KTC-ROP card issued anymore.

The deal has ended.

All KTC cards can do the normal 2 points to 1 mile transfer.
Really sad, as KTC is a free card (no fee).
Old Oct 28, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: SPG, MR, Aeroplan, UAMP, BAEC
Citibank ROP Preferred

Newly launched Citibank ROP Preferred
http://www.citibank.co.th/en/credit-...de=THECCWAB9LM
http://www.citibank.co.th/global_doc..._121018_en.pdf
Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Oorinara
Looks very good but need to check the T`s and C`s for example does the 22,000 miles needed for Gold ROP card have to be in biz or F ? if not it`s a great deal. Plus the two limo transfers are welcome as is the meet and greet when no F available.

I have the Citibank ROP Platinum card but this looks even better.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:19 pm
Suspended

What about in the UK any credit card or charge card worth getting for TG miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.