Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Warning on current immigration clearance time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warning on current immigration clearance time

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I've heard similar things and yet all my experiences have been civil. On the odd occasion even joking around.

I'll take BKK immigation over their US counterparts anyday. And 7 times on Sunday.

First of all it's 'through', but I probably shouldn't be picky since my own ability is so poor these days.

To your questions, 1) yes, 2) I don't know.
Immigration in the US is probably the least pleasant experience one can encounter, so yes they are way worse. But after the AOT bunch has learned from them, I can only imagine what will happen...

Thanks for your answer (and spelling corrected), and I will now calculate more time than usual to transfer through (Ha! I did it:-)) BKK in April ^
Old Feb 28, 2011, 9:24 pm

Some relevant reporting:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/travel/ne...port-to-action
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
10AM Sunday 27FEB at HKT (outbound imm) the waiting time was approx. 30-45 min. Two widebody planes for Russia was departing at almost the same time...
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
Originally Posted by MDOH
The Bangkok Post is also seeking travelers' opinions and running a poll on BKK immigration delays:
http://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/o...rt-immigration
Old Mar 2, 2011, 1:36 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Tired of paying a premium for Business Class on short haul routes just to get fast track access, I have given a company called Thai Longstay a go.

I paid 12k baht for 1yr of Silver level access. This gets me a meet and greet at both arrival and departure and fast track immigration both ways.

I used them for the first time this morning and was really impressed. The guy that met me spoke impeccable English and walked myself and partner (no extra charge) through fast track immigration.

I reckon over the course of a year I go through immigration at BKK roughly 60 times so this works out at roughly 200 baht a time, which to me represents great value for money especially as I can take guests through with me at no additional charge.

Of course there are other benefits to business class but with TG gold I can get a seat towards the front of Econ and get to use the lounges.

This was only day 1 so I will report back in due course as to how things are going and if it really is as good as it seems.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:10 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
How do you make them aware of arrival/departure? Email? Website? Have to call?

How long are they in business?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:24 am

Email them your schedule and they have someone waiting - also provide contact numbers for the day. Today I got a call roughly 2 hrs before my flight to check what time i would be arriving at the airport and there wasa guy standing there with a visible placard with my name on it waiting.

They have been going for over 18 months, how long exactly I dont know. I was recommended them by a Bangkok based colleague who has used them with a high degree of satisfaction over that period.

They have various options, for 20k you get the buggy pick-up as well.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:51 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by newshound
I paid 12k baht for 1yr of Silver level access. This gets me a meet and greet at both arrival and departure and fast track immigration both ways.

I used them for the first time this morning and was really impressed. ...

I reckon over the course of a year I go through immigration at BKK roughly 60 times so this works out at roughly 200 baht a time, which to me represents great value for money especially as I can take guests through with me at no additional charge.
This is quite interesting. Let us know how your experience is with this company as you use the service.

The fee seems quite expensive. My stack of Fasttrack passes didn't cost nearly that much... and they have no expiration date. But if you're really going through BKK every 6 days, year round, then I guess the value is prorated. Like I said, keep us informed of your satisfaction.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:00 pm

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
Originally Posted by EzzerBKK
Went SQ today out of BKK and, arriving a little late, saw the huge lines outside of passport control and thought... oh oh... best try and squeeze ones of those nice papers out of the lady at the desk...

As it turned out, she offered me one without asking. Bliss. Thanks you *G
Please enlighten me....What are those little papers?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 8:56 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by larrythai
If departing on SQ, you have access to the F/C fast track if the ground staff give you a fast track (those little papers).
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by larrythai
Fast Track passes which the airlines provide you and are collected by the Fast Track immigration officers to reconcile with the airlines. Not required when you go through the dedicated TG Fast Track near the TG C/F checkin queue.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:09 am

Sean, were the wedge of fast track passes bought? (if so what was the cost per pass and where are they sold?) Or aquired thru other means?

You are quite right, for my personal circumstances the prorated rate is well worth it, particularly with the flexibility to take others with me.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 8:33 am

Hi,

My question is not only immigration related...
Mrs Mud and i will be flying TDX BKK on PG and then connect on TG from BKK to SIN,
The TDX BKK flight arrives at 2.45PM and the BKK SIN flight leaves at 4.35PM
We will travel with checked luggages and for some reasons we will have to check in at counters for BKK SIN,
last info, this will happen on friday afternoon...

finally the question: will we make it ?

thanks for your help, comments

Last edited by Mynameismud; Mar 6, 2011 at 8:48 am
Old Mar 6, 2011, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Mynameismud
Hi,

My question is not only immigration related...
Mrs Mud and i will be flying TDX BKK on PG and then connect on TG from BKK to SIN,
The TDX BKK flight arrives at 2.45PM and the BKK SIN flight leaves at 4.35PM
We will travel with checked luggages and for some reasons we will have to check in at counters for BKK SIN,
last info, this will happen on friday afternoon...

finally the question: will we make it ?

thanks for your help, comments
IMO highly unlikely.

Is there any possibility of having the luggage tagged TDX-BKK-SIN so you won't have to wait for it to come out? Then you check-in at the TG counter and show them the luggage stickers. Are you flying TG C? If not, you'll need a Fast Track pass to make it through security. Maybe some sort of Meet & Greet service could help speed you through immigration?
Old Mar 6, 2011, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
IMO highly unlikely.

Is there any possibility of having the luggage tagged TDX-BKK-SIN so you won't have to wait for it to come out? Then you check-in at the TG counter and show them the luggage stickers. Are you flying TG C? If not, you'll need a Fast Track pass to make it through security. Maybe some sort of Meet & Greet service could help speed you through immigration?

unfortunately we will have to collect our bags in BKK and we are not flying C but Y all the way from TDX to SIN

thanks for your insigth yosithezet

we finally decided to switch for an earlier flight from TDX to BKK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.