Wiki Posts
Search

Is the "escalator-trick" still working?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2010, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG Gold
Is the "escalator-trick" still working?

I did the arrival from Europe with connection to HKT, CNX etc a few times and used the escalator just saying "Singapore" to the guard for getting to the lounge upstairs for a shower and some breakfast before getting down to domestic.

Is this still working in any way...?

I have about 3 hours between arrival to BKK and dep to HKT this time and would love to have a shower and a small tuna sandvich..
Old Oct 29, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Still working, often there is security, look as if you are know what you are doing
Old Oct 29, 2010, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
With the transfer desks now AFTER transfer security there is no way they can ask for BPs.

There should be no problems and no questions asked.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 6:36 pm

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
hrmm.. what is this "trick"
Old Oct 30, 2010, 7:23 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
... as the domestic TG lounge is pretty ordinary, a devious manouver was worked out, to enable TG Gold's access to the international First and Business class lounges upstairs, when we were travelling from an international to a domestic flight. dsquared37 advises that this is no longer a problem
Old Oct 30, 2010, 8:45 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
What would happen if you have checked baggage? Would they be at the carousel waiting for you to pick them up? Or would you have to look hard to locate them?
Old Oct 30, 2010, 9:33 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by jarusoba
What would happen if you have checked baggage? Would they be at the carousel waiting for you to pick them up? Or would you have to look hard to locate them?
They would be in transit if going to the major domestic airports, customs clearance occurs at final destination, so no problems there.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jarusoba
If flying to CNX. CEI, KBV, HKT, HDY or USM your bags will be transferred. Any other dom airport and you'll need to pick them up at the carousel.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 5:32 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
what is so special ? or what is the trick ?
The last times, when I came from Europe on TG in F, and onward to HKT, some staff awaits me already @ the arrival aircraft and brought me to the F lounge incl. immigration. Picked me up aprox 15 min. bevore departure and brought me again to the departing aircraft to HKT.
So I think this is even a service offered to pax.
But may be not to Y pax with *gold or TG-gold want to use the int. lounge.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 9:02 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; nb-no) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I made a mistake and showed my domestic BP at the escalator and was refused of course. Then I found a lift just behind which I used to bypass the woman and go straight to transfer security. The shower and booze was very welcome :-)
Old Nov 1, 2010, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by view

I made a mistake and showed my domestic BP at the escalator and was refused of course. Then I found a lift just behind which I used to bypass the woman and go straight to transfer security. The shower and booze was very welcome :-)
How long ago was this? There's been nobody looking for BPs the last few times I've been through.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
If flying to CNX. CEI, KBV, HKT, HDY or USM your bags will be transferred. Any other dom airport and you'll need to pick them up at the carousel.
Do all CNX flights leave from the domestic terminal at BKK or do a few of the wide-bodies (747 & 777) leave from the international terminal? I'm on TG116 and this is currently scheduled to be a 747. Do 747s run exclusively on domestic routes?
Old Nov 1, 2010, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pnsnkr
Do all CNX flights leave from the domestic terminal at BKK or do a few of the wide-bodies (747 & 777) leave from the international terminal? I'm on TG116 and this is currently scheduled to be a 747. Do 747s run exclusively on domestic routes?
747s and 777s can be handled at domestic gates. If your plane is at an international gate (or no gate) you will be bused to it from the domestic terminal, probably from B1.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 12:33 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; nb-no) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Originally Posted by dsquared37

How long ago was this? There's been nobody looking for BPs the last few times I've been through.
Two weeks ago.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Two weeks ago.
Considering that the international transfer desk is now located AFTER security this is rather odd.

Twice recently I've shown up without an onward BP and gone through security without being asked to present one.

Another 2 times I've gone through with a BP and not been asked to present one.

Of course having an orange dom transfer BP showing is not in your best interest regardless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.