Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Ooh, I like the new Rimowa amenity kits in F

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ooh, I like the new Rimowa amenity kits in F

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2011, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I wonder if I ask nicely if the FA will give me one. Im in Business Class. Do they give amenity kits on the daytime BKK-PEK? I have never gotten them on regional flights before, but perhaps they are given on flights of 3-4 hours?
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
CDG to BKK in F

Delete.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I wonder if I ask nicely if the FA will give me one. Im in Business Class. Do they give amenity kits on the daytime BKK-PEK? I have never gotten them on regional flights before, but perhaps they are given on flights of 3-4 hours?
Why would they give it to you if you're flying in business? It's an F class amenity.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by Oorinara
Got navy blue Rimowa kit a few days ago, onboard NRT-BKK F. Better, if it didn't have Thai logo.
Got a Silver one today coming from Frankfuurt to BKK, (BKK-FRA also silver). The while cabin had the same color. I have a blue and a purple one from other flights to London and Frankfurt.

Now, the one I had today might have been in the sun too long, the thai logo moved and also did the Rimowa brand. So those parts are stickers and you can remove them if you want

Globalist
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
Why would they give it to you if you're flying in business? It's an F class amenity.
He's saying "if he asks nicely..." and I certainly have received F amenity kits and even F pajamas from TG when flying TG J ... and I did ask very nicely. So anything's possible.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 8:58 pm

Programs: SPG, MR, Aeroplan, UAMP, BAEC
Originally Posted by brahms77
He's saying "if he asks nicely..." and I certainly have received F amenity kits and even F pajamas from TG when flying TG J ... and I did ask very nicely. So anything's possible.
Yes, it's Thai. In Thailand (and Philippines, in where I'm living), everything is negotiable to a large extent and depending on relationship rather than rule, for better or worse. Sometime one can't get what he deserves, and another gets what he doesn't (e.g. see how many Thais upgraded to F cabin)...

Last edited by Oorinara; Mar 4, 2011 at 9:33 pm
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I asked, very nicely and got one!

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
Why not...?!

Originally Posted by brahms77
True brahms77 - anything is possible if asked in a nice manner! I got a lovely purple one, which is of course very befitting for TG!

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:24 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
I asked, very nicely and got one!
^

Good for you!

I see nothing wrong with asking. If anything, it's a permanent marketing placement tool for both TG and Rimowa. Besides, those who regularly have to fly TG C due to company/tax policies are probably contributing far more to TG's bottom line than the occasional F flyer or F redemptions, so no harm in a little treat for us, middle of the bus pax.

Last edited by payam81; Mar 5, 2011 at 6:51 am Reason: Fixed typo.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by payam81
^

Good for you!

I see nothing wrong with asking. If anything, it's a permanent marketing placement tool for both TG and Rimowa. Besides, those who regularly have to fly TG C due to company/tax policies are probably contributing far more to TG's bottom line than the occasional F flyer or F redemptions, so no harm in a little treat for us, middle of the bus pax.
All very true...!

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Apr 23, 2011, 6:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP Gold, AA Plat, SPG Plat
Do they regularly hand these out on PEK-BKK in F?

Last edited by chang9121990; Apr 23, 2011 at 7:56 pm
Old Apr 25, 2011, 8:28 am

Anybody know, for how long when will keep the Rimowa amenity kits. I have a flight end of June ZRH-BKK...
Old Jun 11, 2011, 8:30 am

My partner just flew BKK-LHR 2 weeks ago and came back with 2 Rimowa kits - one purple, one blue. I love them!
Old Jun 11, 2011, 12:04 pm

Programs: Thai reborn Platinum , EY Platinum ,Annie's Preferred Guest , Knauber Hobbymarkt Rabattkarte
Could we organise an international contest who has most Thai Rimowa kits ? Entries should be supported by notarised photographic documents . I have 10 but no idea how to upload photos , would that count if I give you my word ?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 2:41 pm

I have seen only three colours:

night blue
prosecco
ultra violet

Last edited by Flyingfox; Jun 15, 2011 at 2:56 pm
Old Jun 14, 2011, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by somkiat
Could we organise an international contest who has most Thai Rimowa kits ? Entries should be supported by notarised photographic documents . I have 10 but no idea how to upload photos , would that count if I give you my word ?
Considering your in jest/sarcastic posts on another thread I'd not be inclined to simply take your word for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.