Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum connecting time BKK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Paid ticket on TG2589, arriving BKK from REP 10:20am.
Connection to award ticket TG413, BKK-SIN at 11:30am.

May have checked baggage.

Is this OK? TG2589 is a Thai Smiles flight. Both are international, so perhaps arrive and depart from same hall?

Thanks!
It is actually all the same hall but different terminals; TG flights can arrive and depart from all terminals. not predictable!
connection is tight, but doable if first leg is not heavy delayed. If on separate tickets they will not automatically rebook you for the next flight
TG has several flights to SIN per day; there is one at 1350 (but that one is not every day) and another daily at 1625
Old Sep 11, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by BinSabai
It is actually all the same hall but different terminals; TG flights can arrive and depart from all terminals. not predictable!
connection is tight, but doable if first leg is not heavy delayed. If on separate tickets they will not automatically rebook you for the next flight
TG has several flights to SIN per day; there is one at 1350 (but that one is not every day) and another daily at 1625
Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a way to get to REP using *A awards, so no way to avoid separate tickets. Actually the major issue is that there seems to be no way to get from REP to SIN on a *A award ticket.

Is it likely Thai Smiles (REP-BKK) would even book our luggage through to the Thai flight (BKK-SIN)?
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a way to get to REP using *A awards, so no way to avoid separate tickets. Actually the major issue is that there seems to be no way to get from REP to SIN on a *A award ticket.
This is true because MI and WE, parts of SQ and TG respectively, aren't in *A. Same thing with PNH, all *A airlines fly north.

Often you can find cheap tickets on MH through KUL, even for o/w. Just checked a random day, Sept 28 in this case, and it's $98 a/i. It's not *A but it's saves the miles.

Is it likely Thai Smiles (REP-BKK) would even book our luggage through to the Thai flight (BKK-SIN)?
Yes, I'd expect there'd be no problem for having your bags checked through.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 11:15 pm

yes likely even on separate tickets. you just need print out of your BKK SIN leg
Old Oct 3, 2016, 3:49 am

Programs: SQ/CX
Hi guys,

I have the following itinerary on Thai Airways, single PNR.
Do you think it's possible to make the connection ?

SIN-BKK-HND (1h 05min) transit
DEP SIN 1225
ARR BKK 1345
DEP BKK 1450
ARR HND 2230

NRT-BKK-SIN (55 min transit)
DEP NRT 1100
ARR BKK 1530
DEP BKK 1625
ARR SIN 1940

I know it's very tight, but the other choice I have involves a 4 - 5 hours each direction
Old Oct 3, 2016, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by koohansen
Hi guys,

I have the following itinerary on Thai Airways, single PNR.
Do you think it's possible to make the connection ?

SIN-BKK-HND (1h 05min) transit
DEP SIN 1225
ARR BKK 1345
DEP BKK 1450
ARR HND 2230

NRT-BKK-SIN (55 min transit)
DEP NRT 1100
ARR BKK 1530
DEP BKK 1625
ARR SIN 1940

I know it's very tight, but the other choice I have involves a 4 - 5 hours each direction
both transits are tight, but not during peak time at security, so doable if the first leg is not seriously late...
flight back not a big issue as if you miss the flight due to late arrival, there is a later flight to SIN 3 hours later at around 19xx
for the first flight your next chance is the night flight to Haneda, which will not arrive until the other morning
Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If booked in 1 ticket I suggest to go ahead and book the preferred flights. In the unlikely event that you misconnect at BKK TG will rebook you, so there is no reason to look for longer/worse connections.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Hi Guys, Planning to book the following

CCU-BKK Arriving at 4:10
BKK-KUL Departing at 6:35

Transit time a little over 2 hours - BKK-KUL on Malaysian so should have transfer counter at BKK. Assuming no check in luggage should be fine? if with check in since arriving on lcc i guess would need to clear immigration before rechecking would it be possible with visa already there.

KUL-BKK Arriving at 13:25
BKK-KUL Departing at 15:45

Arriving in BKK from Malaysian airlines however connecting on 6e which is an LCC. Is it doable?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:11 pm

both should be doable, certainly doable without check in luggage IF first leg has no delay. Of course it is at YOUR risk
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Planning the following and with no experience in BKK would appreciate any advice.
Thai (TG) from USM to BKK landing at 10:15 (paid ticket)
Then BKK to HKG on CX departing at 12:40 (award ticket)

Two questions:
1. I assume I won't be able to check through my luggage from USM but please correct me if I'm wrong?
2. Is that enough connection time (we are a family of 5 so not just me sprinting through the airport) assuming we need to pick up our luggage and re-check, immigration? etc.?

Thank you
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by economyman
Planning the following and with no experience in BKK would appreciate any advice.

Two questions:
1. I assume I won't be able to check through my luggage from USM but please correct me if I'm wrong?
2. Is that enough connection time (we are a family of 5 so not just me sprinting through the airport) assuming we need to pick up our luggage and re-check, immigration? etc.?

Thank you
1) correct, you cannot check your luggage from USM all the way to HKG.
2) assuming immigration lines aren't long and domestic flight isn't delayed I think you'd make it.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton

Two questions:

Thank you
I suggest you check the flight stats average delay on that route. There are two factors to keep in mind;
1. BKK is undergoing some runway repairs and this is causing some delays.
2. Weather in Koh Samui can cause delays. This is seasonal. No idea when you are flying, but in rainy season, be prepared for 30-60 minute delays.

Domestic luggage comes out fairly quickly, so you should be out of the baggage area in 15 minutes or so. The delay is if your flight requires the pax to be unloaded on the tarmac and bussed to the terminal. Very annoying and adds 15 minutes.

Cathay has a flight every 2 hours to HKG in the afternoon and I regularly use the afternoon flights. They have an efficient checkin. As mentioned earlier, it might take some time at immigration. The time of day has a big influence. One of the reasons why I take the flights to HKG in the afternoon is that it's quiet at immigration and I am in and out in 20 minutes, although I am using the priority line.

Be warned that it's a good 15-20 minute walk to your CX gate from immigration.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer

Be warned that it's a good 15-20 minute walk to your CX gate from immigration.
The rest of your post is good information but the above just isn't accurate. From immigration to the gate is 10 min tops... and that's if you're just casually strolling or herding kids.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
I suggest you check the flight stats average delay on that route. There are two factors to keep in mind;
1. BKK is undergoing some runway repairs and this is causing some delays.
2. Weather in Koh Samui can cause delays. This is seasonal. No idea when you are flying, but in rainy season, be prepared for 30-60 minute delays.
This is in August. Supposed to be the dry season in Koh Samui.
Cathay has a flight every 2 hours to HKG in the afternoon and I regularly use the afternoon flights. They have an efficient checkin. As mentioned earlier, it might take some time at immigration. The time of day has a big influence. One of the reasons why I take the flights to HKG in the afternoon is that it's quiet at immigration and I am in and out in 20 minutes, although I am using the priority line.
Will we have access to priority immigration if we are flying business on Cathay / have Oneworld (BA) Gold?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:10 am

This is in August. Supposed to be the dry season in Koh Samui.

Will we have access to priority immigration if we are flying business on Cathay / have Oneworld (BA) Gold?
not really dry Season in August but with a 2.5 hour Connection I would not worry! that's plenty of time

Cathay like many other Airlines gives fast track vouchers for their J passengers at BKK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.