Reload this Page >

Drivers licenses scanned for private club membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drivers licenses scanned for private club membership

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2016, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
This is not an age validation thing. It is a private membership things for bars/restaurants located in certain areas that are dry - generally northern suburbs. You don't see it often any more with fewer dry lines, but it's common like in Carrollton and Lewisville.

The ID scan membership beats the old days when you had to pay an annual fee for a Unicard in order to have a drink in those places - now that was a real scam.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
This is not an age validation thing. It is a private membership things for bars/restaurants located in certain areas that are dry - generally northern suburbs. You don't see it often any more with fewer dry lines, but it's common like in Carrollton and Lewisville.

The ID scan membership beats the old days when you had to pay an annual fee for a Unicard in order to have a drink in those places - now that was a real scam.
I had a paper Unicard for a long time. The thing cost like $1. I don't recall ever renewing it. Back then, to get it, you gave over your ID. They copied it down. You got the paper card

Where in Dallas proper do they still do the private club? It used to be a thing until not that long ago in Far North Dallas. Also in Richardson. Is it a thing still in the Park Cities?? I really can't recall the last time I had to do the "private club" thing in the Dallas area.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA GS/MM, MR PPE/LTG, ‎TSA Pre✓, NEXUS, APEC BTC, UKBF RT, CLEAR, DXB E-GATE
I don't use my TDL everywhere I'm asked for ID, I use my US Passport Card or my Global Entry Card. I haven't had an issue in 7+ years. (Knocks on wood)
Old Nov 21, 2016, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by jsmeeker
Where in Dallas proper do they still do the private club? It used to be a thing until not that long ago in Far North Dallas. Also in Richardson. Is it a thing still in the Park Cities??
Haven't been to Kuby's German restaurant in Snider Plaza in a few years but Kuby's was the last (possibly only?) "private club" for alcohol service that I recall in DFW.

Somewhere I probably still have my membership card that I was given upon joining that exclusive club (no ID scan required to join).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.