Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where is Global Entry Interview at IAH?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MKF
I am thinking about signing up at the one inside security prior to a flight I have next week- how much time do you guys recommend I allot? Thanks for the help!
It could be as short as 15 min or as long as 45 min to an hour. It depends on how many people are there and if they do any type of tutorial, etc. I would budget at least 45 min to an hour and be happy if it ends early.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 3:38 pm

Is there an update on where you actually go for the interview at IAH in Terminal E? Have appointment tomorrow. Thanks
Old Jul 16, 2015, 5:11 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Unless it's changed it's actually between E and D. Closer to E.

From UA club in E go up, and it should be on right befere Ruby's Diner IIRC.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:44 pm

Question

Greetings, I'm new I use the forum a lot for info. But I've never posted a question.

I'm coming in from Amsterdam-IAH no connection would I be able to use that boarding pass to go to meeting?

thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by mtuttle18
Greetings, I'm new I use the forum a lot for info. But I've never posted a question.

I'm coming in from Amsterdam-IAH no connection would I be able to use that boarding pass to go to meeting?

thanks!

As long as you don't leave the secure part of the airport, you should be able to go to your global entry appointment on the secure side without any problems.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:41 am

thank you so much for the reply! I know i have to go through security again I just can't remember if they check boarding passes again.

Does anyone know how picky they are if you are a little late?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Originally Posted by mtuttle18
thank you so much for the reply! I know i have to go through security again I just can't remember if they check boarding passes again.

Does anyone know how picky they are if you are a little late?
You can also make your appointment for the office that is not in the secure area, the one near Starbuck's in E.

as for being "a little" late - depends on the size of the crowd and the mood of the officer.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 1:25 am

Terminalink/Skyway access to Terminal E/IAB containing FIS/CBP

Pardon my lack of flying knowledge about IAH and its sterile Global Entry Enrollment Center, but I'm really struggling to find the info on this that is clear to the novice.

My simple question is this (because my city's enrollment interview period is 3.5+ months out until availability), it's inexpensive to fly to IAH, so can I fly into Terminal A on Spirit in the morning, ride the Terminalink/Skyway (post-security intra terminal people mover) to Terminal D/E stop, get off and walk up to "sterile" CBP office for interview (evidently by Ruby's, which I also can't seem to find any map of), or do I need to have an international ticket to/from Terminal E in order to get into there? I know I'm beyond security on Skyway, but I still wouldn't have a boarding pass for Terminal E and not sure if the office is before or after boarding pass review when coming off the Skyway (I can find no map that showscenter clearly for someone who has never been in there). Currently those are the only soon interview times for a plane flight that costs $70 rt. If I try to fit it into the public enrollment center on another floor, flight times do not line up, and the flight cost goes to over $200. Please help me know if IAH sterile CBP is a business option when flying into IAH domestically just for that.

THANKS!!
Old Dec 12, 2015, 9:54 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by Haasbat
Pardon my lack of flying knowledge about IAH and its sterile Global Entry Enrollment Center, but I'm really struggling to find the info on this that is clear to the novice.

My simple question is this (because my city's enrollment interview period is 3.5+ months out until availability), it's inexpensive to fly to IAH, so can I fly into Terminal A on Spirit in the morning, ride the Terminalink/Skyway (post-security intra terminal people mover) to Terminal D/E stop, get off and walk up to "sterile" CBP office for interview (evidently by Ruby's, which I also can't seem to find any map of), or do I need to have an international ticket to/from Terminal E in order to get into there? I know I'm beyond security on Skyway, but I still wouldn't have a boarding pass for Terminal E and not sure if the office is before or after boarding pass review when coming off the Skyway (I can find no map that showscenter clearly for someone who has never been in there). Currently those are the only soon interview times for a plane flight that costs $70 rt. If I try to fit it into the public enrollment center on another floor, flight times do not line up, and the flight cost goes to over $200. Please help me know if IAH sterile CBP is a business option when flying into IAH domestically just for that.

THANKS!!
You do not need an international ticket to get the enrollment locations post security in E. You can get the skyway in A, as you note, and get out of E and walk south (turn left leaving the train escalators) to E, not North to D. You will pass between two TSA checkpoint exits to the secure area and see Ruby's on your left walking south bound. The enrollment center is just past Ruby's on the East (left) side walking southbound to the terminal
Old Dec 12, 2015, 10:21 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Haasbat
(evidently by Ruby's, which I also can't seem to find any map of)
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
You do not need an international ticket to get the enrollment locations post security in E. You can get the skyway in A, as you note, and get out of E and walk south (turn left leaving the train escalators) to E, not North to D. You will pass between two TSA checkpoint exits to the secure area and see Ruby's on your left walking south bound. The enrollment center is just past Ruby's on the East (left) side walking southbound to the terminal
These are good instructions ^

You can't miss Ruby's, it's pretty big, and it's right past it. If you enter Term E, you've gone too far.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
New member and 1st time poster, loving the vast amount of info here..

I just got the email to sechedule a interview in Houston. City Hall is completely booked and these are address I have for IAH, both are stated in Term E.

Global Entry Initial Enrollment
Houston Term E - BOARDING PASS REQUIRED TO ENT
Sterile Corridor requires Boarding Pass, IAH Terminal E
Houston, TX 77032, US

Global Entry Initial Enrollment
Houston Intercontinental Global Entry EC
3870 North Terminal Road, Terminal E
Houston, TX 77032, US

I assume the one with the address: 3870 North Terminal Road is the one outside the luggage claim area? I'm unable to find a open date on this location until May and I want to have this done sooner..

Also, has anyone went to the one in Sterile Corridor with BOARDING PASS REQUIRED TO ENT "without" the boarding pass just for interview purpose? Would they let you in and how? This has opening date for next week..

Thanks!

sc
Old Mar 24, 2016, 8:15 am

Hi, thanks for all the information so far. I also live in Houston and there are no appointments available for the Downtown location or the IAH Terminal E location that does NOT require a boarding pass, on the website I get the message "Currently there are no available appointments at this enrollment center. Please check later for openings or choose another enrollment center." I have been informed I need to make an appointment within 30 days but the only location available in Houston requires a boarding pass and I am not planning to fly out of IAH anytime soon.

Does anyone have any experiences with walk-ins at the downtown location or the IAH location that does not need a boarding pass? For now I guess I will keep checking the website everyday to see if appointments become available.

Thank you!
Old Mar 26, 2016, 2:40 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
I have not heard of any people trying walk-ins downtown. I very much doubt TSA would let a person in for the CBP post security office (you could always try a fully refundable ticket, or if you have UNITED lounge access you can get a pass even without a ticket).

FWIW to others reading the thread, there was a recent Hou Chronicle article noting CBP will come to an employers office if 15 people in the office apply and then do the interviews and prints with their portable print reader.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 11:58 am

Access to Terminal E office from Terminal D

Hello,

I am flying out of terminal D (International) and wondered if there is a way to get to the terminal E interview location near Ruby's. I know the area and don't recall there being a way to get there from D but wanted to be sure.

Thanks for the help in advance.

-Mike
Old Apr 28, 2016, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by mikeray76
Hello,

I am flying out of terminal D (International) and wondered if there is a way to get to the terminal E interview location near Ruby's. I know the area and don't recall there being a way to get there from D but wanted to be sure.

Thanks for the help in advance.

-Mike
They are connected. Halfway through terminal D is the walkway that connects D with E, the elevated train station, and in the middle you pass the TSA entrance areas from E and customs. Just past that you see Ruby's and then the GE post security office

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.