Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Acronym hell

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Acronym hell

question from a n00b: is there a cheat sheet for all the acronyms used on these forums? i can find the airport codes online, but there appears to be a bunch of unique acronyms used by the FF crowd. checked the FAQ - no luck. thanks for the assist.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.003008 MM
Check your individual program forum. Over at the AA forum we have the following list under the "unofficial users guide"

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/6629120-post5.html
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by BadSchnauzer
question from a n00b: is there a cheat sheet for all the acronyms used on these forums? i can find the airport codes online, but there appears to be a bunch of unique acronyms used by the FF crowd. checked the FAQ - no luck. thanks for the assist.
Are you looking for this?

http://www.flyertalk.com/glossary/

Next time, just try the "Help" dropdown menu or link at the top of the screen to your right.

Or just visit our Technical Issues Forum.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:49 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by BadSchnauzer
Also, if you post them back here (so long as it isn't a boatload), we'll happily spell them out for you.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 1:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Switching this over to Technical Issues. Please follow in it's new home.

Thanks.

PS to the OP: Here is a list of the acronyms used at TSA/DHS.

Cholula
CommunityBuzz! Co-Moderator
Old Apr 12, 2009, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Welcome to FT, BadSchnauzer!

Another thing to consider is that some acronyms are specific to an individual program or forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.