Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2009, 3:46 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium

If I have both a firefox and an IE(7) window open at the same time... FT won't let me log in. It makes me think I'm logging in.. and gives me the "thanks for logging in missydarlin" interstitial page... but then drops me right back on the sign in page.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 2:58 am

Programs: AA PLAT
I get the same thing (in IE8 and Chrome)

Ticking the 'remember me' button seems to work.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
Ditto. Thought my account had been cancelled. LOL.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 9:30 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
i've had the same thing happen on occasion but it usually "fixes itself within about 10 minutes but the down side for me is that once the "log-in issue" happens, all posts that were new when i tried to log in show up as "read" as soon as i am able to "officially" log in
Old Feb 27, 2009, 4:31 pm

This was because the slave db server stopped updating off of the master db server. You read off of the slave and write to the master, with a process that updates the slave off of the master. That process stopped, so while the master database was being updated, PM's are created, update emails are sent, people revieve notifications.... but the forum looks exactly the same. To further complicate the issue, the slave fails back over to the master, so sometimes it actually works... but then it brakes again.

This gets especially confusing with how logins are processed. The servers have been fixed and we do not expect this outtage to occur again.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 5:10 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Sounds like the Missydarlin Goddess needs to take better care of her slaves....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.